Wikimedia Community User Group Togo
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- CH Wikimedia CH
- GB Wikimedia UK
- KR 위키미디어 한국
- RU Викимедиа РУ
- US-NYC Wikimedia New York City
- CAT Amical Wikimedia
Wikimedia user groups (138)
- ESP-WE Wikiesfera Grupo de Usuarixs
- H-GAPS H-GAPS User Group
- MK-SK Shared Knowledge
- NGA-HA Hausa Wikimedians User Group
- NGA-IG Igbo Wikimedians User Group
- RU-Don Don Wikimedians User Group
- US-NE New England Wikimedians
- WJ WikiJournal
- WK? Whose Knowledge?
Wikimedia Community User Group Togo is a community of volunteers who improve and promote Wikimedia Foundation's knowledge projects in Togo.
The community is also dedicated to recruiting and training others to contribute to the wikis, creating opportunities for people interested in volunteer work, and forming partnerships that will promote Wikimedia projects in Togo.
The group is open to membership by all interested individuals.
- To grow the Wikimedia Community in Togo and provide structure as well as community representation in Decision making within the Movement.
- To promote Wikimedia projects and free Knowledge in general and to encourage the use of Wikimedia resources in community empowerment.
- To synergize and collaborate with other affiliates, regionally and globally in the implementation of the 2030 strategy
- To Invest in Capacity Building of members
- Organizing of conventions, conferences, meetings, workshops and contests in line with Movement's vision.
- Train and recruit newcomers
- Meetings: the user group will be organising meet-ups for its members in order to exchange ideas and to find ways to support them to continue editing the projects in areas where they would need help.
- Trainings/Edit-a-thons: to help new Wikipedians learn editing techniques, to create, translate and improve content in all Wikimedia projects or work on and develop a certain topic which will in return promote the project.
- Editing contests: the group will be organizing editing contests to encourage existing regular editors to keep editing Wikimedia projects and also encourage non-members/users to join.
- Photographic Contest and Trips: the group will also organise trips and contests to encourage users to upload and document files to commons which will be used in all Wikimedia projects.
Ongoing Planned Activities
- Wikidata Dixième Anniversaire au Togo: We plan to hold a meetup(physical and virtual) where we will celebrate Wikidata 10th anniversary, exchange ideas and find ways to contribute to the Wikidata items about Togo. New editors will be trained followed by edit-a-thons. The anniversary is scheduled to hold on 29-Oct-2022. The edit-a-thon will run from 15-Oct-2022 to 30-Nov-2022.
- No to Redlinks about Togo articles on French Wikipedia: This will be the second meetup schedule to create articles about Togo in the French Wikipedia. We plan to hold this from 15-Jan-2023 to 20-March-2023.
Photowalk on Togo Monuments
- We Look forward to add images about Togo monuments on Wikimedia Commons by carrying out photowalks.
Simply typing three tildes (~), like this:
~~~ below the numbered list, will automatically generate your signature. You are encoraged to sign-up and be a member. You can also reach out to us by sending a quick mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Skelebee (talk) 15:14, 6 November 2022 (UTC)
- Massigachristophe (talk) 15:21, 6 November 2022 (UTC)
- Marten2022 (talk) 15:30, 6 November 2022 (UTC)
- Esthateji (talk) 10:18, 7 November 2022 (UTC)
- 2kponnamialbert (talk) 13:29, 4 December 2022 (UTC)
- Abbah Jared (talk) 13:48, 4 December 2022 (UTC)
- Festyboo14 (talk) 13:59, 4 December 2022 (UTC)
- Wusuwilliam (talk) 14:16, 4 December 2022 (UTC)
- Ebunogundele (talk) 14:46, 4 December 2022 (UTC)
- Mirakappo (talk) 18:14, 4 December 2022 (UTC)
- Mauteld (talk)