Wikimedia Conference 2014/Social events
Social events at the Wikimedia Conference 2014:
Dinner snack and WMCon Party
- Thursday, April 10, 2014
Starting at 6 p.m. dinner snacks and drinks will be provided at WMDE’s office and event space to meet, chat and to toast to a wonderful conference weekend.
- Friday, April 11, 2014
After the end of the first conference day (around 6 p.m.), snacks and drinks will be waiting for you at WMDE’s office and event space. Afterwards, you have the chance to demonstrate your vocal talents. A karaoke machine will be at your disposal to groove to your favorite disco songs (title list, artist list) or to cheer to your singing friends. The stage is of course open for any other cultural contribution.
- Saturday, April 12, 2014
Let’s have a party and round off Saturday in a club, with music and snacks. On Saturday starting at 7 p.m. we would like to take you out to Frannz Club at the Kulturbrauerei. We are excited about celebrating with you at this special venue, as it is one of the few well-preserved examples of industrial architecture in Berlin, a former brewery, dating from the end of the 19th century. We will begin the evening with dinner and drinks offered at the Frannz Club. A DJ will enhance the atmosphere with classic disco hits and get you in the dancing mood.
- Sunday, April 13, 3014
A last dinner at WMDE’s office and event space will be provided as of 6 p.m. to round off the Wikimedia Conference 2014.
Guided city walk on Thursday or Sunday
Martin Rulsch, former Board member of Wikimedia Germany, provides sightseeing tours through his home city Berlin on 10 and 13 April. Please register for a tour if you want to join, and send him an email: Wikimail, martin.rulschwikimedia.de For further information see the subpages and sign up there too.
- Thursday, 10 April: 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. (Main sights in the inner-city)
Sunday, 13 April: after the conference – about 8:00 p.m. (Some sights in the inner-city)Cancelled due to low interest.
Visit to the Reichstag
It is possible to visit the Reichstag dome providing that a booking is made in advance. Some people may be visiting the Reichstag on the Thursday tour. Mike Peel has made bookings for three visits to the dome on Sunday 13th April; the times and people on each visit are listed below. Note that it is no longer possible to make bookings online, although you may be able to get a ticket yourself by calling by the Reichstag visitor centre at least 2 hours before you want to visit.
Morning - 08:30
- Mike Peel (talk) 21:04, 21 February 2014 (UTC)
- Tanweer (talk) 19:48, 25 February 2014 (UTC)
- Arnaugir (talk) 12:26, 10 March 2014 (UTC)
- Garfield Byrd (talk) 10:49, 31 March 2014 (UTC)
Evening - 21:15
- Kevin Rutherford (talk) 22:58, 7 March 2014 (UTC)
- Theresa Hume (talk) 10:57, 17 March 2014 (UTC)
- --Lilitik22 (talk) 11:20, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
- --SusikMkr (talk) 11:20, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
- EGalvez (WMF) (talk) 16:28, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
- Effeietsanders (talk) 22:44, 8 March 2014 (UTC)
- --Aktron (talk) 10:15, 10 April 2014 (UTC)
Evening - 21:45
- HempalShrestha (talk) 17:18, 5 April 2014 (UTC)
- Emmanuel Ramirez (talk) 01:29, 28 March 2014 (UTC)
- Jenna Delos Reyes (talk) 01:29, 28 March 2014 (UTC)
Sorry, but these people haven't been registered for a tour due to missing information when I made the reservations: