Wikimedia Conference 2016/Program Design Process/Track: How to move forward
The movement is standing at a crossroad. If we work together, we can find the best path ahead. With your participation and contribution, the Wikimedia Conference can be a platform for exchange and progress. Let us use this opportunity to jointly figure out how we want to move forward as a network of partners. The conference is the ideal platform to discuss and find answers to questions like the following.
We would first like to collect all open questions here and, in a next step, cluster them and create session descriptions including goals, preparation needs and next steps.
- How do we imagine a movement striving for free knowledge and what structure and framework best serve these needs?
- How do the WMF and affiliates define their role and responsibilities on a global and local level?
- How shall an revamped search process for a new executive leadership of the WMF look like, and
- what are the main qualifications new candidates should bring?
- See: What kind of ED would you like to see?, thread started by Lodewijk Gelauff on wikimedia-l
- How will the strategy process for the WMF evolve and how can affiliates contribute?
- How do we involve our stakeholders from within and outside of the movement in this process?
- Wikimedia stakeholders (strategy wiki)
- How do we manage to look ahead rather than repeating the old narratives?
- How do we create consensus on all these questions?
- Why do They always do It wrong? Piece by Chris Keating
- As a long-term question, how do we nurture and grow leadership within the movement?