Wikimedia Conference 2017/Program/30
Jump to navigation Jump to search
30: Collaborative + Participatory Communications: A how-to guide
How to move forward
- What was this session about?
This session was about how to develop, plan, design a project and to include views of your community as best as possible.
- What are the next steps to be taken?
There are no specific next steps to be taken.
- Project leaders that want to learn how to better engage community members
- Session Format
- 60 min
- How do you involve as many views as possible from your community? Either if you are creating a new program, planning an event, developing a new online portal or writing a story for the blog, you can involve your community in different parts of the process. By engaging your fellow Wikimedians, you not only make your work more participatory, but you can also generate more engagement once your product is out.
In this workshop, we will review the stages of the creative process to identify good opportunities to open your creations to others, how to do it and how to stay on track with your timeline. We will use specific use cases with real-life examples, with a strong focus on communications and programs. We will reflect on the audience each project addresses and how to best find them.
- Desired Outcome
- Participants will leave with a clear idea of how to organize their project, how to ask for feedback and what channels to use.
- Maria Cruz, Vassia Atanassova
There is no transcript of the session. The slides are pretty self-explanatory.