Wikimedia Eesti/Staff job functions
This page enlists the job functions of Executive director and Assistant of Wikimedia Eesti - positions created after a restructuring of the hired staff in the chapter in Spring 2014. These positions are effective since the 1st of July 2014 and their job functions have been stated here as described in the contracts. For former staff functions of Wikimedia Eesti see relevant page
Executive director is a full-time (40 working hours a week) employee with the task to ensure a good daily functioning of the chapter by securing financial and human resources for its activity, supporting the execution of projects and programs of the chapter, overseeing accountancy and other reporting activities of the chapter and supporting the development of the strategy of the organization. Executive director has to ensure that the board members of the chapter are well informed of daily activities of the organization.
The functions of the executive director
- Creating the agenda and budget of the organization in collaboration with the Board of the organization.
- Mapping possible funding opportunities of the projects and programs of the organization and introducing them to the Board.
- After the decision of the board creation of funding applications with all related documentation and communication with possible partners.
- Communication with the funding organization during the preparation of the application, implementation of the project/program and reporting and communicating relevant information to the Board.
- Developing the structure of volunteers in the organization and recruiting volunteers to support the activity of the organization.
- Supporting the execution of the projects and programs, including the support to the project team, support in creation of project agenda, budget and reporting related to the project, active participation in project discussions.
- Creation of general reports of the organization (quarterly and yearly) in collaboration with the Board and accountant.
- Creation of the contracts and discussing the details of the contracts with the Board.
- Creation of the policies of the organization in collaboration with the Board.
- Analyzing prior strategies and strategical needs of the organization and creation of new strategies in collaboration with the Board, members of the organization and the community.
- Representing the organization in various meetings, seminars, conferences on the local level and internationally.
- Preparing possible partner relations and communication with partner organizations.
- Preparing general assemblies and other community events in collaboration with the Board, assistant and members of the organization.
- General counseling of the Board, including participation in Board meetings.
Assistant is a part-time (50%, i.e. 20 working hours a week) employee with the main task to increase the effectiveness of the organization through administrative, communicative and organizatory assistance to the Board and executive director of the organization.
The functions of the board assistant
- Protocoling Board meetings of Wikimedia Eesti (held once a week).
- Protocoling General Assemblies of Wikimedia Eesti (held twice a year).
- Disclose aforementioned protocols in foreseen manner.
- Composing and publishing of the newsletter for Chapter members (MTÜ Teataja).
- Assisting executive director in performing his/her tasks.
- Ordering translation of documents, if necessary.
- Administer correspondence of Wikimedia Eesti.
- Administer blog and Facebook pages of Wikimedia Eesti.
- Arrrange meetings with partners.
- Arrange events of the community.
- Arrange public appearances (if not a direct task of the project manager).
- Arrange exhibitions (if not a direct task of the project manager).
- Arrange trips of chapter (board) members and staff.
- Order memorabilia of Wikimedia Eesti and Wikipedia.
- Arrange publishing of booklets and other imprinted works of Wikimedia Eesti (if not a direct task of the project manager).
- Organize media coverage of the activities of Wikimedia Eesti.
- Motivate and support members of the community in their actions.