Wikimedia Foundation/Annual Report/2016-2017
|This page is currently a draft. More information pertaining to this may be available on the talk page.
Translation admins: Normally, drafts should not be marked for translation.
Wikimedia Foundation 2016-2017 Annual Report
Knowledge belongs to all of us.
- Billions of readers
- Millions of donors
- Thousands of volunteers
- Hundreds of affiliates and partners
- And you
Your impact in 2017
- You visited Wikipedia 15,000,000,000 times each month
- You made 6.1 million donations in support of free knowledge
- You increased Wikipedia by 5 million new articles
- You supported 119 Wikimedia chapters and user groups in more than 50 countries
- You learned from Wikipedia 6,000 times each second
|“||Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the sum of all knowledge.||”|
|— the Wikimedia vision statement|
|“||The Wikimedia Foundation is incredibly cost-effective. Our annual budget is minuscule compared to a lot of very worthy causes, and our impact is absolutely enormous.||”|
|— Jimmy W., Founder|
|“||Wikipedia and its sister projects are not owned by anyone — they are owned by everyone.||”|
|— Katherine M., Executive Director|
9¢ is our cost to raise $1
In 2017, we received four stars from Charity Navigator — their highest rating.