The Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees is looking for a candidate to fill one soon-to-be-vacant appointed seat and would love to speak with candidates with experience in technology and organizational growth. To learn more, please review our recruitment materials below.
How to apply and refer candidates
Applicants may apply online. More information is available on the Wikimedia Foundation's website.
We also accept applications and referrals by email at
Please note that the application and referral deadline is May 23, 2018.
2018 process timeline
- Application and referral submission period (deadline May 23)
- Initial application review and screenings, assembling the long list of the candidates (deadline May 23)
- Assembling short list of top candidates, Board Governance Committee (BGC) discusses and ranks them (May 23-31)
- BCG interviews top candidate(s) to determine interest, availability, fit (June 1-14)
- Single candidate identified and the Board approves to move forward with the background check (June 15-18)
- Background check conducted by BGC and Wikimedia Foundation staff (June 18-July 2)
- Criminal and financial background check conducted by outside firm
- Thorough review of online and public coverage of candidates
- Board vote to confirm candidate (July 3)
- Announcement of a new candidate (mid-July)