|Call for feedback: Community Board seats
|How to participate
Many people agree with the idea of better supporting candidates in elections and potential candidates well before elections. What exactly should we start planning for the upcoming Board election? What types of support can increase the quantity and diversity of candidates with chances to win a seat? What changes could be done to the nomination and campaign periods for equal support of each candidate?
This topic has been defined by the Facilitation team independently from the Board, based on the feedback received during the Call for feedback.
Please feel free to write down your topic-related questions and suggestions on the talk page before the panel starts. Panel moderators are glad to make them part of the discussion. Of course, you are invited to write in any language. The facilitation team will take care of translations.
- The Panel will take place on
Participants can express their interests beforehand, please sign up here:
All participants agree to abide by the Friendly space policy for Wikimedia events.
The panel will last 45 minutes, followed by a 45-minute open mic discussion, where everyone’s free to ask questions or to contribute to the further development of the panel's topic.
- We will use Google Meet. Both logged in and anonymous guests are welcomed.
- Join us on google meet
- Please mute yourself when you are not speaking.
- If you want to ask a question, raise your hand and wait until your turn arrives.
- Keep your questions short and on the topic of the panel.
- Don’t worry about notifications of late arrivals requesting access. The organizers will approve them.
- The meetings will be recorded.
- Automatic captions will be enabled.
- Expect basic moderation for the turn of questions and muting noise.
- Expect quick moderation if anyone disrupts the room (the link is public, anyone can join)
- If there is interest, at the end of the panel team members will stay and keep the room open for continuing conversation.
- Due to technical limitations, we cannot offer live-streaming (we had to choose between automatic captions or live-streaming).
- On the following days, expect:
- Video recordings available on Commons and YouTube
- A report
- Full automatic transcript