Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees/Call for feedback: Community Board seats/Reports/2021-02-20 Conversation with San Diego Wikimedians
Jump to navigation Jump to search
2021-02-20 Conversation with San Diego Wikimedians
Comments on Ideas
- Ranked voting:
- Any election it is a possibility for a popularity contest
- Call for types of skills and experiences
- Gaps should be resolved with the appointed seats
- Evaluation form can be used to compare candidates for the community
- Regional seats
- Supportive of new seats going to regions
- 5 should go to regions:
- Latin America (including Caribbean, Central America, South America)
- US, Canada and Europe
- Asia and Oceania
- A representative from the Global Council or the non-Wikimedia projects - maybe someone from WikiBlind or a person who has not been represented in the past
- The opportunity to get a neutral third party feedback on the candidates or the practices might be helpful.
CfF process feedback
- To find information about anything you have to know where to look.
- Better communication could assuage community fears.
- The organization is at a size and maturity level that it should be figuring out these things.
- Just like other organizations, the Wikimedia Foundation needs a community affairs individual.
- There needs to be better communication, especially for newbies.
- No one knows what the Board does - how it affects volunteering or why should I care.