|উইকিমিডিয়া ফাউন্ডেশনের কর্মী ও অংশীদাররা এই পাতার বিষয়বস্তু রক্ষণাবেক্ষণ করতে স্বেচ্ছাসেবক সম্প্রদায়ের সাথে অংশগ্রহণ করে থাকে।
The Legal Team
Wikipedia and many other Wikimedia projects are hosted and operated by the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) corporation. The Legal Team, serving under General Counsel Stephen LaPorte, oversee all legal matters for the Foundation and focus on key initiatives to help support the community consistent with our Foundation goals and values. We deal with a wide range of issues and projects, including policy drafting, trademark and copyright law, international law, employment law, litigation, fundraising and grant law, domestic and international contracts, privacy law, ethics, internet law, and non-profit corporate governance.
Note: For legal ethical reasons we unfortunately can only represent the Wikimedia Foundation and cannot be the attorney for the community or movement organizations, though the legal team often provides strong support to the community in many ways consistent with Wikimedia Foundation goals.
Community Resilience & Sustainability
Community Resilience and Sustainability is a wing of the Wikimedia Foundation's Legal department, led by the Vice President of Community Resilience & Sustainability Maggie Dennis. It currently consists of Trust and Safety, Human Rights, and Committee Support.
The Global Advocacy team helps the Foundation and affiliates protect the free knowledge movement through advocacy and public policy. The simple act of sharing knowledge freely online is radical and challenging in many contexts, and can be threatened by weak or hostile policy environments. This is why the Foundation and broader community engage in advocacy and public policy work. We work alongside the Wikimedia community because policy change is most successful when informed by those who are most directly impacted and best understand their local context. Together, we stand for policies that support and protect the Wikimedia model, its people, and its values.
Through our 3 subteams – Governance & Risk, Legal Operations, and Privacy & Compliance –, we build and defend our trademark portfolio to promote and protect the brand that the communities built, we support our global fundraising strategy to ensure revenue for the Wikimedia mission, we negotiate and approve hundreds of contracts every year that promote the mission, we ensure that the Foundation’s activities are carried out in accord not only with applicable law, but also with our Foundation policies, and movement and organizational values, we fight aggressively to protect our movement values and we provide daily support to the communities and their work.
Wikimedia Foundation Email Contacts
|তৃতীয় পক্ষের আইনি সমস্যা ও কোথাও কোন হুমকি পেলে তার জন্য।
|ট্রেডমার্ক অনুমতি এবং লাইসেন্স সম্পর্কিত প্রশ্নের জন্য।
|ট্রেডমার্ক লঙ্ঘনের অভিযোগ জানানোর জন্য।
|ব্যক্তি ও সম্পত্তির বিরুদ্ধে সহিংসতার হুমকি পেলে তার জন্য (আত্মহত্যার হুমকি এবং সন্ত্রাসী হুমকিসহ)।
|অপ্রাপ্তবয়স্ক সম্পর্কিত অবৈধ বিষয়বস্তু নিয়ে অভিযোগ জানানোর জন্য।
|বাইরের দলের কাছে গোপনীয় তথ্য প্রকাশের অভিযোগ জানানোর জন্য।
|উইকিমিডিয়া ফাউন্ডেশন এবং এর কর্মীদের নিয়ে সাধারণ সমস্যাগুলির জন্য।
|উইকিপিডিয়া ও অন্যান্য প্রকল্পে বিষয়বস্তু সম্পর্কিত বা ব্যবহার সম্পর্কিত সাধারণ সমস্যাগুলির জন্য।
দাবিত্যাগ: আমাদের ব্যবহারকারী সম্প্রদায়ের স্বেচ্ছাসেবকগণ email@example.com ঠিকানায় পাঠানো ইমেইলগুলো পর্যালোচনা করেন এবং উত্তর দেন। অনুগ্রহ করে বোঝার চেষ্টা করুন যে উইকিমিডিয়া ফাউন্ডেশন আপনার বার্তায় আপনার অন্তর্ভুক্ত যে কোনও সংবেদনশীল তথ্যের গোপনীয়তার নিশ্চয়তা দেয় না।
WMF Board Resolutions
For a complete list of resolutions by the WMF Board of Trustees, see here.
|This document informs readers and users of what WMF provides through its various projects, and the rights and responsibilities that are involved.
|This policy governs WMF’s handling of personally identifiable information collected by WMF on its servers in relation to the projects and their communities.
|This policy guides the handling of WMF donors' personal information.
|These are the policies that guide the Office of the General Counsel at the Wikimedia Foundation, addressing a wide range of topics, including applicable law, responsibility for edits, DMCA takedowns, trade secrets, child pornography, fair use, harassment, subpoenas, and trademark licensing.
|This document lays out the official WMF policy for dealing with reports of copyright infringement for content hosted on WMF servers as required under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
|TVEC Procedures and Guidelines
|This document lays out the official WMF procedures and guidelines for addressing Law Enforcement orders on TVEC content. See FAQ on Countering Terrorist and Violent Extremist Content on Wikimedia Projects for more information.
|Legal Fees Assistance Program
|This policy outlines the scope of the Legal Fees Assistance Program, which is intended to assist qualifying Wikimedia community members who donate time and effort to any Wikimedia site or project in a support role.
|Office Actions Policy
|This policy governs official changes made to content done under the authority of the Wikimedia Foundation, by members of the Foundation's office. These are removals of questionable or illegal Wikimedia content following complaints.
|This document outlines WMF's policy regarding the use of the WMF trademarks.
|Visual Identity Guidelines
|These guidelines contain specific requirements and restrictions regarding how WMF marks may be displayed.
|Guidelines on Potential Conflicts of Interest
|These guidelines are to be considered by anyone requesting resources belonging to the Wikimedia movement, and are intended to encourage the full disclosure of personal and financial interests that may be in conflict with such requests.
|Policy and Political Association Guidelines
|This is an internal guideline that clarifies when and how WMF associates itself publicly on policy and political issues.
|Foreign Corrupt Practices Act Policy
|This policy prohibits WMF and its employees, contractors and others acting on behalf of WMF from making unlawful corrupt payments or bribes to U.S. or foreign officials.
|Conflict of interest guide for Wikimedia movement organizations
|This guide provides movement organizations with a guide on how to identify and manage conflicts of interests within their organization.
- For a more complete list of WMF policies, see the Policies page.
For local policies on the status of non-free content on Wikimedia projects, see the non-free content page.
Updates from Legal
Below are some spaces that Legal may update with announcements or preliminary discussions on legal issues.
- Subscribe to the Wikimedia Public Policy mailing list for updates on legal actions, as well as other legal and public policy discussions.
- Wikimedia Blog posts categorized under "Legal" deliver important announcements to the community on new Legal initiatives, legal rulings involving Wikimedians around the world, and other legal or governance issues that may be of interest to the Wikimedia community.
- Wikilegal includes preliminary ideas and research notes on potential legal issues that may be relevant to the Wikimedia community’s mission to share free knowledge. Wikilegal is a stub to encourage community input and improvements.
- Quarterly review documentation: October 2016
- Brand Stewardship Report July 2022
Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") Compliance
- The Wikimedia Foundation wants to ensure that the content that we host can be re-used by other users without fear of liability and that it is not infringing the proprietary rights of others. In fairness to our users, as well as to other creators and copyright holders, our policy is to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the formalities of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Pursuant to the DMCA, we will terminate, in appropriate circumstances, users and account holders of our system and network who are repeat infringers.
- However, we also recognize that not every takedown notice is valid or in good faith. In such cases, we strongly encourage users to file counter-notifications when they appropriately believe a DMCA takedown demand is invalid or improper. For more information on what to do if you think a DMCA notice has been improperly filed, you may wish to consult the Chilling Effects website.
- If you are the owner of content that is being improperly used on one of the Projects without your permission, you may request that the content be removed under the DMCA. To make such a request, please email us at legalwikimedia.org or snail mail our designated agent at this address.
- Alternatively, you may make a request to our community, which often handles copyright issues faster and more effectively than prescribed under the DMCA. In that case, you can post a notice explaining your copyright concerns. For a non-exhaustive and non-authoritative list of the relevant processes for the different Project editions, look here. Before filing a DMCA claim, you also have the option of sending an email to the community at infowikimedia.org.
Registered Legal Agent
c/o CT Corporation System
330 N Brand Blvd.
Glendale, CA 91203-2336
IRC chat logs