Meeting in Sausalito
Day 1: November 17, 2017
- Christophe will call the meeting to order.
- The Board will discuss the governance review process and goals.
- Katherine will give an update on the Wikimedia Foundation’s operations in Q1 of FY17–18.
- Staff will present the annual update on the Wikimedia Endowment.
- The Board will consider appointments to fill vacancies in Board-selected trustee seats.
Day 2: November 18, 2017
Movement strategy: strategic direction
- Katherine will present the strategic direction.
- The Board will share their thoughts about and reactions to the strategic direction.
Movement strategy: product & technology
- The Board will discuss how Wikimedia’s current platforms and products support and are in tension with the strategic direction.
Movement strategy: community infrastructure
- The Board will discuss how Wikimedia’s current communities and structures support and are in tension with the strategic direction.
Movement strategy: movement resources
- The Board will discuss how Wikimedia’s current revenue model supports the current organization, and how the model might need to adapt to better support the strategic direction.
Movement strategy: Phase II
- Staff will present an overview of Stage II of the movement strategy process.
Day 3: November 19, 2017
- As needed, the Board will discuss any follow-up from the previous day’s movement strategy workshop.
- The Board will discuss possible ways to improve Board operations.
- The Board will hold an executive session and discussion as needed.