ᱣᱤᱠᱤᱢᱮᱰᱤᱭᱟ ᱯᱷᱟᱣᱩᱱᱰᱮᱥᱚᱱ ᱵᱟᱪᱷᱱᱟᱣ/᱒᱐᱒᱑
The election ended ᱓᱑ ᱚᱜᱚᱥᱴ ᱒᱐᱒᱑. No more votes will be accepted.
The results were announced on ᱗ ᱥᱮᱯᱴᱮᱢᱵᱚᱨ ᱒᱐᱒᱑. Please consider submitting any feedback regarding the 2021 election on the elections' post analysis page.
|2021 Board Elections|
|Single Transferable Vote|
The 2021 Board of Trustees election has been rescheduled to 18 - 31 August 2021 due to technical issues with SecurePoll. Read more.
᱒᱐᱒᱑ ᱥᱮᱨᱢᱟ ᱨᱮᱭᱟᱜ ᱴᱨᱟᱥᱴᱤ ᱵᱳᱨᱰ ᱵᱟᱪᱷᱱᱟᱣ ᱔ ᱟᱜᱚᱥᱴ ᱒᱐᱒᱑ ᱠᱷᱚᱱ ᱑᱗ ᱟᱜᱚᱥᱴ ᱒᱐᱒᱑ ᱢᱩᱸᱫᱽ ᱨᱮ ᱦᱩᱭᱩᱜᱼᱟ ᱾ ᱣᱤᱠᱤᱢᱮᱰᱤᱭᱟ ᱥᱟᱶᱛᱟ ᱨᱮᱱ ᱥᱚᱦᱮᱛ ᱠᱚ ᱯᱮ ᱥᱮᱨᱢᱟ ᱞᱟᱹᱜᱤᱫ ᱯᱩᱱᱭᱟ ᱨᱟᱹᱥᱤᱭᱟᱹ ᱵᱟᱪᱷᱟᱣ ᱨᱮᱭᱟᱜ ᱫᱟᱣ ᱢᱮᱱᱟᱜ ᱛᱟᱠᱚᱣᱟ ᱾ ᱨᱟᱹᱥᱤᱭᱟᱹ ᱠᱚ ᱞᱟᱹᱜᱤᱫ ᱱᱮᱦᱚᱸᱨ ᱥᱟᱠᱟᱢ ᱦᱟᱛᱟᱣᱟ ᱙ ᱡᱩᱱ ᱒᱐᱒᱑ ᱢᱟᱹᱦᱤᱛ ᱨᱮ ᱮᱛᱚᱦᱚᱵ ᱟᱠᱟᱱᱟ ᱾
Read the candidate questions and answers.
Please click on a candidate's name to learn more.
Voting was from 18 August 2021 to 31 August 2021. Voting information and instructions are on the Voting information page.
Note: If your vote is rejected, don't try logging in on votewiki. Instead, if the system rejects a valid vote, you should just restart the voting process. Since the voting form will be blank again, it is a good idea to write down your choices in a separate document or take a screenshot before submitting the form.
Learn more about the Board of Trustees in this short video:
- 15 April: Board of Trustees resolution about the upcoming elections
- 29 April: Call for Election Volunteers
- 9 June – 29 June: Call for Candidates
- 30 June – 2 July: Announcement of confirmed candidates
- 7 July – 3 August: Candidates campaign period
- 18 August: Voting period opens
- 31 August: Voting period closes
- 1 September – 7 September: Vote counting and processing
- 7 September: Announcement of vote results
- September: Board of Trustees appoints selected candidates
ᱵᱳᱨᱰ ᱵᱟᱪᱷᱱᱟᱣ ᱜᱚᱲᱚ ᱜᱟᱫᱮᱞ ᱚᱠᱛᱚ ᱰᱟᱦᱟᱨ ᱨᱮᱭᱟᱜ ᱢᱤᱫ ᱜᱽᱨᱟᱯᱷᱤᱠ ᱪᱤᱛᱟᱹᱨ ᱠᱚ ᱵᱮᱱᱟᱣ ᱟᱠᱟᱫᱟ ᱾ ᱱᱚᱣᱟ ᱫᱚ ᱵᱟᱪᱷᱱᱟᱣ ᱵᱟᱵᱚᱛ ᱠᱟᱛᱷᱟ ᱦᱟᱹᱴᱤᱧ ᱞᱟᱹᱜᱤᱫ ᱵᱮᱵᱷᱟᱨ ᱦᱩᱭ ᱫᱟᱲᱮᱭᱟᱜᱼᱟ ᱾ ᱱᱚᱣᱟ ᱜᱽᱨᱟᱯᱷᱤᱠ ᱫᱚ ᱮᱴᱟᱜ ᱯᱟᱹᱨᱥᱤ ᱛᱮᱦᱚᱸ ᱢᱮᱱᱟᱜᱼᱟ ᱾
This is a list of campaign activities planned during the campaign period. Further activities are in the making, the list will be updated continuously. Community members are welcome to add additional activities to the list below. If you add activities, please link to the page where community members can find more information.
- 3 July at : Candidates meet with the facilitation team for a Campaign Briefing.
During this conversation the facilitation team will answer questions candidates may have.
- 04 July at : Candidates meet with Middle East and North Africa (MENA) communities
- 7 July: Candidates begin answering questions submitted from the community : list posted on 2 July.
- 10 July: Candidates meet with Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) communities
- 17 July at : Candidates meet with the Spanish-speaking communities
- 21 July at : Candidates meet with Board of Trustees Community Affairs Committee
- 23 July at : Candidates meet with the African & MENA communities
- 28 July at : Candidates meet with European communities July 28
- 31 July at : Candidates meet with the South, East, Southeast Asian and Pacific communities
- 1 August at : Candidates meet with the community of the Americas August 1
ᱞᱟᱦᱟᱸ ᱛᱮᱱᱟᱜ ᱵᱟᱪᱷᱱᱟᱣ ᱨᱮ ᱵᱷᱳᱴ ᱮᱢ ᱨᱮᱭᱟᱜ ᱫᱚᱨ ᱡᱮᱜᱮᱛ ᱡᱟᱠᱟᱛ ᱨᱮ ᱑᱐% ᱛᱟᱦᱮᱸ ᱠᱟᱱᱟ ᱾ ᱡᱟᱦᱟᱸ ᱥᱟᱶᱛᱟ ᱨᱮᱱ ᱵᱷᱚᱞᱮᱱᱴᱤᱭᱟᱨ ᱵᱟᱪᱷᱱᱟᱣ ᱥᱟᱶᱛᱮ ᱡᱚᱯᱲᱟᱣ ᱮ ᱛᱟᱦᱮᱸ ᱠᱟᱱᱟ ᱚᱱᱟ ᱥᱟᱶᱛᱟ ᱨᱮ ᱵᱷᱳᱴ ᱮᱢ ᱨᱮᱭᱟᱜ ᱫᱚᱨ ᱟᱨᱦᱚᱸ ᱵᱷᱟᱜᱮ ᱛᱟᱦᱮᱸ ᱠᱟᱱᱟ ᱾ ᱱᱚᱣᱟ ᱢᱩᱸᱫᱽ ᱨᱮ ᱟᱫᱚᱢ ᱥᱟᱶᱛᱟ ᱨᱮᱭᱟᱜ ᱵᱷᱳᱴ ᱮᱢ ᱫᱚᱨ ᱒᱐% ᱠᱷᱚᱱ ᱦᱚᱸ ᱰᱷᱮᱨ ᱛᱟᱦᱮᱸ ᱠᱟᱱᱟ ᱾
ᱟᱢ ᱠᱤ ᱟᱢᱟᱜ ᱥᱟᱶᱛᱟ ᱨᱮ ᱵᱷᱳᱴᱟᱨ ᱮᱞᱠᱷᱟ ᱩᱛᱷᱱᱟᱹᱣ ᱨᱮ ᱜᱚᱲᱚ ᱮᱢ ᱥᱟᱱᱟᱭᱮᱫ ᱢᱮᱭᱟ ? ᱟᱢᱟᱜ ᱵᱟᱪᱷᱱᱟᱣ ᱵᱟᱵᱚᱛ ᱵᱟᱲᱟᱭ ᱵᱟᱝ ᱛᱟᱦᱮᱸᱱ ᱠᱷᱟᱱ ᱦᱚᱸ ᱦᱩᱭᱩᱜ ᱜᱮᱭᱟ ᱾ ᱵᱟᱪᱷᱱᱟᱣ ᱵᱷᱚᱞᱮᱱᱴᱤᱭᱟᱨ ᱠᱚ ᱟᱠᱚᱣᱟᱜ ᱥᱟᱶᱛᱟ ᱨᱮ ᱵᱳᱨᱰ ᱵᱟᱪᱷᱱᱟᱣ ᱵᱟᱵᱚᱛ ᱠᱟᱛᱷᱟ ᱠᱚ ᱯᱟᱥᱱᱟᱣ ᱨᱮ ᱜᱚᱲᱚ ᱠᱚ ᱮᱢ ᱫᱟᱲᱮᱭᱟᱜᱼᱟ ᱾ ᱥᱟᱱᱟᱢ ᱞᱮᱠᱟᱱ ᱣᱤᱠᱤ ᱯᱚᱨᱛᱚᱱ ᱠᱷᱚᱱ ᱵᱷᱚᱞᱮᱱᱴᱤᱭᱟᱨ ᱠᱚ ᱟᱛᱟᱝ ᱫᱟᱨᱟᱢ ! ᱱᱚᱣᱟ ᱨᱮᱭᱟᱜ ᱡᱚᱥ ᱫᱚ ᱦᱩᱭᱩᱜ ᱠᱟᱱᱟ ᱞᱮᱠᱢᱟᱱ ᱵᱷᱳᱴᱟᱨ ᱠᱚ ᱞᱟᱹᱜᱤᱫ ᱪᱮᱛᱟᱱ ᱓᱐ ᱣᱤᱠᱤ ᱯᱚᱨᱛᱚᱱ ᱨᱮᱱ ᱠᱚᱢᱠᱟᱛᱮ ᱢᱤᱫ ᱵᱟᱪᱷᱱᱟᱣ ᱵᱷᱚᱞᱮᱱᱴᱤᱭᱟᱨ ᱛᱟᱦᱮᱸ ᱾ ᱟᱢᱟᱜ ᱥᱟᱶᱛᱟ ᱵᱟᱪᱷᱱᱟᱣ ᱥᱟᱶ ᱡᱚᱯᱲᱟᱣ ᱠᱟᱛᱮ ᱟᱨᱦᱚᱸ ᱵᱷᱮᱯᱮᱱᱮᱫ ᱟᱨ ᱟᱨᱦᱚᱸ ᱵᱷᱟᱜᱮ ᱚᱨᱡᱚ ᱥᱟᱶᱛᱮ ᱴᱨᱟᱥᱴᱤ ᱵᱳᱨᱰ ᱵᱮᱱᱟᱣ ᱨᱟᱠᱟᱵ ᱨᱮ ᱜᱚᱲᱚ ᱮᱢ ᱢᱮ !
ᱡᱮᱜᱮᱛ ᱡᱟᱠᱟᱛ ᱨᱮ ᱴᱨᱟᱥᱴᱤ ᱵᱳᱨᱰ ᱵᱟᱪᱷᱱᱟᱣ ᱵᱟᱵᱚᱛ ᱟᱭᱢᱟ ᱜᱟᱯᱟᱞᱢᱟᱨᱟᱣ ᱪᱟᱞᱟᱜ ᱠᱟᱱᱟ ᱾ ᱫᱮᱞᱟ ᱜᱟᱯᱟᱞᱢᱟᱨᱟᱣ ᱨᱮ ᱥᱮᱞᱮᱫᱚᱜ ᱢᱮ !
- ᱴᱮᱞᱤᱜᱽᱨᱟᱢ ᱵᱳᱨᱰ ᱵᱟᱪᱷᱟᱣ ᱪᱮᱴ
- ᱵᱳᱨᱰ ᱵᱟᱪᱷᱱᱟᱣ ᱜᱚᱲᱚ ᱫᱚᱞ ᱱᱚᱸᱰᱮ ᱩᱪᱷᱟᱹᱱ ᱟᱨ ᱟᱯᱰᱮᱰ ᱠᱚᱠᱚ ᱦᱟᱹᱴᱤᱧᱟ ᱾
- ᱮᱛᱚᱢ ᱮᱥᱤᱭᱟ ᱠᱷᱚᱱ ᱵᱟᱪᱷᱱᱟᱣ ᱵᱷᱚᱞᱮᱱᱴᱤᱭᱟᱨ ᱠᱚ
- ᱱᱚᱸᱰᱮ ᱞᱤᱝᱠ ᱥᱮᱞᱮᱫ ᱢᱮ ᱡᱟᱛᱮ ᱮᱴᱟᱜ ᱦᱚᱲ ᱠᱚ ᱜᱟᱯᱟᱞᱢᱟᱨᱟᱣ ᱨᱮᱠᱚ ᱥᱮᱞᱮᱫ ᱫᱟᱲᱮᱭᱟᱜ
- ᱵᱟᱪᱷᱱᱟᱣ ᱠᱩᱢᱩᱴ
- ᱜᱚᱲᱚ ᱫᱚᱞ
- ᱠᱤᱢ ᱡᱤᱞ- ᱜᱚᱯᱚᱲᱚᱭᱤᱡ
- Xeno: English communities and Meta-Wiki
- Jackie Koerner: English communities and Meta-Wiki
- Civvi: Italian communities
- Maciej Nadzikiewicz: Polish communities
- Mahuton Possoupe: French-speaking communities
- Oscar Costero: Spanish communities and the Latin America region
- Denis Barthel: German communities and North-Western European region
- Mehman Ibragimov: Russian communities and Central and Eastern Europe region
- Ravan Al-Taie: Arabic communities and Middle East region
- Mervat Salman: Arabic communities and Middle East region
- Zita Zage: Sub-Saharan African region
- Sam Oyeyele: Yoruban communities and West Africa region
- Krishna C. Velaga: South Asian region
- Youngjin Ko: Korean communities and East Asia region
- Ramzy Muliawan: Indonesian communities and Southeast Asia and the Pacific region
᱒᱐᱒᱐ ᱥᱮᱨᱢᱟ ᱨᱮᱭᱟᱜ ᱴᱨᱟᱥᱴᱤ ᱵᱳᱨᱰ ᱨᱮᱭᱟᱜ ᱵᱟᱪᱷᱱᱟᱣ ᱨᱮ ᱥᱟᱶᱛᱟ ᱴᱨᱟᱥᱴᱤ ᱠᱚ ᱞᱟᱹᱜᱤᱫ ᱯᱮᱭᱟ ᱢᱟᱹᱪᱤ ᱨᱮ ᱵᱟᱪᱷᱱᱟᱣ ᱦᱩᱭ ᱨᱮᱭᱟᱜ ᱠᱟᱛᱷᱟ ᱛᱟᱦᱮᱸ ᱠᱟᱱᱟ ᱾ ᱮᱯᱨᱤᱞ ᱒᱐᱒᱐ ᱨᱮ ᱵᱷᱳᱴ ᱮᱢ ᱛᱷᱩᱠᱩᱢ ᱦᱩᱭᱩᱜ ᱠᱟᱱᱟ ᱢᱮᱱ ᱛᱮ ᱵᱳᱨᱰ ᱮ ᱩᱪᱷᱟᱹᱱ ᱞᱮᱫᱟ ᱾ ᱴᱨᱟᱥᱴᱤ ᱵᱳᱨᱰ ᱮᱯᱨᱤᱞ ᱒᱐᱒᱑ ᱨᱮ ᱒᱐᱒᱑ ᱨᱮᱭᱟᱜ ᱵᱳᱨᱰ ᱵᱟᱪᱷᱱᱟᱣ ᱨᱮᱭᱟᱜ ᱠᱟᱹᱢᱤᱦᱚᱨᱟ ᱮ ᱩᱪᱷᱟᱹᱱ ᱞᱮᱫᱟ ᱾ ᱵᱳᱨᱰ ᱮ ᱠᱷᱚᱡᱚᱜ ᱠᱟᱱᱟ ᱵᱳᱨᱰ ᱵᱟᱪᱷᱱᱟᱣ ᱨᱮ ᱵᱷᱮᱯᱮᱱᱮᱫ ᱟᱨ ᱥᱮᱢᱞᱮᱫ ᱰᱷᱮᱨᱚᱜ ᱢᱟ ᱾
The Board is expanding to 16 seats to better cover the increasing work and areas of expertise required to steer the Wikimedia Foundation. This expansion was based in part on recommendations from an external governance review.
- 3 new Community- and Affiliate-selected seats
- 3 new Board-selected seats
Four seats will be up for selection in 2021, the three due for renewal and a fourth from the approved Board expansion. The two other new community-and-affiliate seats approved will be selected during 2022, together with the two affiliate seats that will be due (four in total).