Wikimedia Foundation elections/2022/Candidates
Članovi Wikimedijine zajednice popunit će dva mjesta u Odboru povjerenika na izborima koji će se održati od 23. kolovoza do 6. rujna 2022. Ovo je prilika za poboljšanje zastupljenosti, raznolikosti i stručnosti Odbora kao tima.
- Michał Buczyński
- Shani Evenstein Sigalov
- Tobechukwu Precious Friday
- Kunal Mehta
- Farah Jack Mustaklem
- Mike Peel
The candidates will respond to the following statements on their applications. The candidate statements are limited to the word counts below, which totals 1400 words:
- Introductory statement / Application summary. (150 words maximum)
- Contributions to the Wikimedia projects, memberships in Wikimedia organizations or affiliates, activities as a Wikimedia movement organizer, or participation with a Wikimedia movement ally organization. (100 words maximum)
- Expertise in skill areas identified as needs by the Board. (150 words maximum)
- Organizational strategy and management
- Enterprise-level platform technology and/or product development
- Public policy and the law
- Social data science, big data analysis, and machine learning
- Lived experiences in the world. We are especially interested in reading about lived experiences in the regions of Africa, South Asia, East and South East Asia & Pacific, and Latin America & Caribbean. We believe that experience in these regions could help expand the board’s ability to fulfill the movement strategy goal of more equitable participation, although we recognize that other experiences may also provide important contributions. (250 words maximum)
- Cultural and linguistic fluency with regions and languages additional to your native region and language. Intercultural awareness helps build bridges in our multicultural community. (250 words maximum)
- Experience as an advocate for creating safe and collaborative spaces for all and/or experience in situations or contexts of censorship, repression, or other attacks to human rights. (250 words maximum)
- Experience in relation to (or as a member of, to the extent you choose to share) a group that has faced historical discrimination and underrepresentation in structures of power (including but not limited to caste, race, ethnicity, colour, national origin, nationality, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, language, culture, education, abilities, income and environment). (250 words maximum)
Komitet za analizu
Komisija za analizu ocijenit će kandidate zlatnim, srebrnim ili brončanim okvirom. Ova ocjena će se koristiti za pružanje doprinosa podružnicama u planiranju glasanja. Detalji evaluacije svakog kandidata neće se dijeliti.
Nakon što podružnice svojim glasovima odaberu šest kandidata, ocjene svakog odabranog kandidata bit će objavljene kako bi zajednica mogla napraviti informiran izbor. Ovaj proces ima za cilj pronaći najbolju ravnotežu između dijeljenja korisnih informacija i minimiziranja nepotrebnog izlaganja kandidata.
Pitanja iz zajednice
Historically, candidates have answered questions posed by the community.
Video answers to community questions
The campaign period in the election is a time to prepare to vote. Voters will learn more about candidates by reading their statements in their applications, attending events to hear from the candidates, and reading their answers to community questions.