Wikimedia France/Micro-financement/Wikimania 2019/Demandes/Csisc
Is it your first Wikimania ?
Have you already received a scholarship from Wikimedia France?
What is your implication on Wikimedia projects? How is it aligned with the theme of the conference? Please describe in details.
- Good Health and Well-Being (Goal 3):
- So far, I have been convinced as a medical student that there is a significant need for an exhaustive machine-readable representation of biomedical knowledge to automate clinical decision support and consequently to ameliorate the quality of healthcare and of medical education. In 2016, I became involved in Medical Wikidata project that tries to represent the sum of all biomedical information in form of triples.
- During three years, I was working on a detailed analysis of biomedical knowledge already available in Wikidata. In 2019, I finished working on the description of medical data on Wikidata with the contribution of several wikimedians and found out the strengths and deficiencies of this database. The work is currently under review for Journal of Biomedical Informatics.
- Future directions of this work will be the development of PubMed-based Bibliometric-Enhanced Information Retrieval methods to verify and enrich the medical information provided by Wikidata and the use of Wikidata query service to provide medical applications of Wikidata.
- Quality Education (Goal 4):
- As GLAM and Education Coordinator of Wikimedia TN User Group, I am trying to provide Wikipedia support and access to offline local reference books for local scientists so that the topics that are misrepresented online can become covered by Wikipedia and consequently accessible and learnt by everyone all over the world. Such topics include Tunisian Heritage (MedinaPedia Sfax) and Arabic Sociolinguistics (WikiLingua Maghreb).
- As well, as there are a significant rate of Arab people who do not have an excellent proficiency in Arabic, French or English, I co-launched several years ago a project to add support in Arabic dialects to Wikimedia projects (WikiLingua Maghreb) so that Arab people can efficiently understand the sum of all human knowledge available in Wikipedia. Currently, I am a test-wiki administrator of Wikipedia Algerian and I look forward to have this test wiki accepted within three years. I am also adding labels, descriptions and aliases in Arabic dialects to Wikidata entities (Project Description) and I will launch soon a project to add support for Arabic dialects to Wikidata's Lexicographical Data.
- Furthermore, due to the fact that the best method to motivate a student to progress in his study is to provide him examples to follow, I launched in 2011 a project to ameliorate the coverage of Tunisian scientists, institutions, discoveries and universities in the French Wikipedia (TunSci). This project was successful to add or enhance 40 biographies about Tunisian scientists and to create several works about Tunisian scientific research efforts including List of Tunisian scientists.
What is your motivation attending Wikimania?
- We have several projects that are in hold in Tunisia because we could not do in-person meetings with related leaders. Wikimania will be useful to reach project leaders so that these projects can be resumed.
- Wikimania would let me share and discuss my experience with advanced wikimedians so that I can find solutions to matters mostly faced by French-speaking Wikimedians, learn useful techniques, find collaborators from other user groups to expand Tunisia-led Wikimedia projects and ameliorate the methods used for the projects I am working on.
Do you also plan to attend the hackathon or the learning days? (if so, please describe your projects there)
No. I will not attend the Pre-Conference so that I can have time to enhance my sessions and let them more successful.
Have you submitted a talk or a workshop for Wikimania 2019? (if so, please add a link)
Yes, I have proposed three Wikimania sessions: Wikidata and Health: Current situation and perspectives, Library outreach for Wikimedia user groups, and Wikimedia and Arabic Linguistics.
How good is your English?
In 2012, I had 6.0 in Academic IELTS (B2 Level). So, I can easily communicate in English.
- I am a native speaker of Arabic and French. I am also a beginner in Italian, German and Maltese.
- I am an active contributor to French-speaking Wikimedia projects. I participated several times to WikiConcours and one time to WikiConvention Francophone.
|Visa application||27 €|
|Transport and other fees||80 €|
- Crochet.david :
- Hatonjan :
- Laurent Jerry :
- Lomita :
- Pradigue :
- Thesupermat :
- Trizek :