This page is about WMI-LimeSurvey, a service useful to conduct ethical surveys with LimeSurvey, a free software hosted by Wikimedia Italia for Wikimedia contributors.
Please read all the sections before reading #Request a Survey.
Also discover the ethical values.
Wikimedia Italia is hosting this service intended for all Wikimedia project volunteers, in the hope that it will be useful but without any guarantee (like Wikipedia).
The server is offered by Wikimedia Italia and very few volunteers take care of the application so this service is at your disposal but to the maximum of our voluntary availability.
Please be kind and collaborative with our technical volunteers.
This tool is not designed to collect secret or potentially discriminatory information, for the simple fact that you shouldn't collect what isn't useful for a "standard" Wikimedia project.
Wikimedia Italia and any related technical volunteer reserve the right to not collaborate on any survey for any reason, especially if you try to put a pineapple on a pizza.
Note that every WMI-Survey is covered at least by the following privacy policies and disclaimers:
For whatever legal question, contact Wikimedia Italia:
A list of known usages:
- your new form here!
- Done April 2022 · "Call to volunteers 2022" by Wikimedia Italia
- Done December 2021 · Expense reimbursement rules of Wikimedia Italy created by Francesca Lissoni (WMIT) to avoid Google Form
- Done March 2021 · (Italian) Modulo di contatto Wiki TRADE created by Candida Mati to avoid Google Form
- Done March 2021 · (Italian) Bando bando "Diventa wiki-docente"! created by GioRan (WMI) to avoid Google Form (phab:T277269)
- Done February 2021 · (Italian) Call volontari per formazione Wiki e OSM a Scout CNGEI - created by Anisa Kuci (WMI) to avoid Google Form
- Done February 2021 · Wikimania 2021's call for volunteers - created by ESolares (WMF), successfully migrating from Google Form
Share this page to make the list above grow.
Have you found a "Google Form" somewhere that you would like to convert into an astonishing, cute & sparkling LimeSurvey?
Let us know! Start a discussion in the talk page:
Request a Survey
Here you can request to open a new survey into WMI-LimeSurvey. Whoa!
Here you can also request to migrate your existing "FooSurvey" into WMI-LimeSurvey, if now everyone is screaming / crying / running crazy around the room, like a pinball ball with protective gloves and sanitary masks, because of that survey was not WMI-LimeSurvey.
In short, enter a catchy title for your survey and press the button:
Feel free to improve the default template to add more useful examples to speed up requests.
Some tips to make the best surveys in the world:
- Survey Support Desk/Learning#Writing and designing questions
- How to design a good survey (LimeSurvey guide)
- test it right from the start (modifying it later is a mess)
- respect other people's time (avoid very-long surveys)
- don't ask for data you don't need
- LimeSurvey - generic information page
- LimeSurvey - on Wikipedia
- Survey Support Desk - international support desk
- phabricator:T274837 - deploy a cute LimeSurvey instance in Wikimedia Italia's infrastructure