Wikimedia LGBT+/Cổng thông tin
- ESP-WE Wikiesfera Grupo de Usuarixs
- H-GAPS H-GAPS User Group
- MK-SK Shared Knowledge
- NGA-HA Hausa Wikimedians User Group
- NGA-IG Igbo Wikimedians User Group
- RU-Don Don Wikimedians User Group
- US-NE New England Wikimedians
- WJ WikiJournal
- WK? Whose Knowledge?
Wikimedia LGBT+ là một Nhóm người dùng Wikimedia, được thông báo lần đầu ở hội nghị Wikimania vào năm 2012. Nhóm Người Dùng Wikimedia LGBT+ được Ủy ban Đoàn hội chấp thuận vào tháng 9, 2014. Nhóm người dùng quảng bá sự phát triển nội dung trên các dự án Wikimedia để phục vụ lợi ích của các cộng đồng LGBT+. Wikimedia LGBT+ là nhóm người dùng toàn cầu trên nhiều lĩnh vực khác nhau, không phân biệt chủng tộc, tôn giáo, dân tộc, quốc gia, xu hướng tình dục, bản dạng giới, và khả năng.
- Encourage LGBT+ cultural organizations to use Wikimedia projects and to adopt the values of free culture and open access.
- Promote Wikimedia projects as a tool for strengthening LGBT+ communities.
- Create and expand content of interest to LGBT+ communities on Wikimedia projects and to increase the overall quality of such content in all languages.
- Improve the editing experience for all contributors by ensuring that LGBT+ related harassment is dealt with by simple policies in a prompt manner regardless of sexuality.
- Ensure that non-discrimination policies related to gender and sexuality are effective across all Wikimedia projects, and participate in discussions of discrimination of all types.
- Provide support networks for the LGBT+ community and allies, including welcoming IRC and VRT support.
- Provide a sympathetic appeal mechanism when dispute resolution has failed and a contributor would prefer a self identified LGBT+ mediator or arbitrator to handle their case.
- Create a safer environment for LGBT+ readers of Wikimedia projects, with a special interest in improving the experiences of LGBT+ youth on Wikimedia projects.
- Build greater community among LGBT+ Wikimedians.
- Coordinate cross-wiki efforts among WikiProjects engaged in specific LGBT+ content development.
Wikimedia LGBT+ will fulfill its mission in the following ways:
- Provide training to organizations and individuals so that they can contribute content to Wikimedia projects.
- Create, collect, process, and present the sorts of metrics which describe usage statistics and quality of content of LGBT+ interest on Wikimedia projects.
While Wikimedia LGBT+ members will always be welcome to contribute content of LGBT+ interest themselves, the scope of the work which the project seeks to complete can only be engaged if many LGBT+ outreach programs all contribute their expertise to developing the content in their fields. The general practice ought to be that any educator of LGBT+ populations anywhere who is performing outreach in any field ought to share their information on Wikimedia projects if any of their target demographic uses the Internet as a source of information. When such an educator recognizes this, then that person ought to be able to contact Wikimedia LGBT+ and get appropriate training to enable them to share their information on Wikimedia platforms.
- Increased participation and visibility by LGBT+ communities at Wikimedia events, building towards even greater engagement at future Wikimanias.
- Increased (open) participation by members of the LGBT communities on all Wikimedia projects.
- Coordination of LGBT+ WikiProjects:
- GLAM LGBT+ history and culture presentations.
- Increased quality and depth of LGBT+ articles.
- Representation of LGBT+ monuments in Wiki Loves Monuments.
- Guidelines on Outreach for recommending and improving policies across Wikimedia projects:
- Chapter and WMF safe space policies to cover all events specifically ensuring any complaints of apparent LGBT+ related harassment are dealt with effectively and promptly.
- Guidance for new LGBT+ editors (and those that edit LGBT+ topics) on how to stay safe and how to find help when things go wrong.
- Simple guide to responding to LGBT+ related harassment or threats on all Wikimedia projects and IRC.
- Access to LGBT+ specific help on-wiki, IRC and email (for example, access to LGBT+ identified VRT members via lgbtwikimedia.org).
- Independent and expert assessment of the Wikimedia projects and the Wikimedia Foundation's effectiveness at handling homophobic harassment cases.
- Commissioned surveys and statistical reporting on LGBT+ participation and perception of editing experience in order to support planned improvements.
- Model for future minority population based thematic organizations.
Các hoạt động
Activities associated with Wikimedia LGBT+:
- Community building and outreach, with efforts focused at LGBT+ events, Wikimania, and other Wikimedia events.
- Promoting collaborations with other Wikimedia projects and with external organizations, such as WikiProject LGBT studies (English Wikipedia), the LGBT Free Media Collective (Wikimedia Commons), and Wiki Loves Pride.
- Friendly space policies development, including a request for Wikimedia Foundation board resolution on homophobia.
- Wikimedia LGBT+ User Group Recognition – September 2014
- Renewals from 2015 WMCon Eligibility Renewal Sprint – December 2015
Các bài báo
- "Wikipedia Series "Edit-a-Thons"". Guru Mavin. July 7, 2014.
- Phadnis, Renuka (July 7, 2014). "Wikipedia edit-a-thons to add content on LGBTs". The Hindu.
- Milliken, Alice (July 7, 2014). "Wikipedia holds Pride ‘edit-a-thons’ to improve LGBT-related content". Pink News.
- Redmond, Jim (July 8, 2014). "Wiki Loves Pride Edit-a-thons Improve LGBT Content on Wikipedia". Towleroad.
- "Wikipedia Holds Wiki Loves Pride Event". American Library Association. July 10, 2014.
- Lasrado, Svetlana (July 15, 2014). "Wikipedia does its bit for sexual minorities". The New Indian Express.
- Moore, Jason; Howard, Dorothy (July 18, 2014). "Wiki Loves Pride 2014 and Adding Diversity to Wikipedia". Wikimedia Foundation.
- "Wikipedia Pride Month Celebrations in India culminate with edit-a-thons in various cities". Gaylaxy. July 20, 2014.
- Wexelbaum, Rachel, Herzog, Katie, Rasberry, Lane. (2015). "Queering Wikipedia." In R. Wexelbaum (Ed.) Queers Online: LGBT Digital Practices in Libraries, Archives, and Museums. Sacramento, CA: Litwin Books.
- Moore, Jason (June 17, 2016). "Help expand Wikipedia’s coverage of LGBT communities during Wiki Loves Pride". Wikimedia Foundation.
- Weaver, Madison (October 20, 2016). "Librarians work to make Wikipedia more inclusive with ‘Wiki Loves Pride’ event". The Bucknellian.
- Caballero, Lucía (15 March 2017). "La española que ha llegado a vicepresidir Wikimedia defendiendo al colectivo LGBT". eldiario.es (in Spanish).
- Millona, Kristina (January 6, 2018). "WIKI LGBTI PROJECT: How contributing to Wikipedia became a new form of activism". Turmoil Collective.
- Jacobs, Julia (8 April 2019). "Wikipedia Isn’t Officially a Social Network. But the Harassment Can Get Ugly.". The New York Times.
- Wexelbaum, Rachel. (2019). "Coming Out of the Closet: Library Advocacy to Advance LGBTQ+ Wikipedia Engagement." In B. Mehra (Ed.) LGBTQ+ Librarianship in the 21st Century: Emerging Directions of Advocacy and Community Engagement in Diverse Information Environments (Advances in Librarianship, Volume 45) Emerald Publishing Limited, pp.115 - 139.
- Wexelbaum, Rachel. (2020). Edit Loud, Edit Proud: LGBTIQ+ Wikimedians and Global Information Activism. Originally published by Wikipedia@20 and licensed CC-BY 4.0. Retrieved from The Signpost, 28 June 2020.
- MiguelAlanCS; Nacaru (2022-06-28). "Somos LGBT, y en Wikipedia también". wikimedia.es (in Spanish).
- MiguelAlanCS (2022-09-23). "Wiki Loves Europride 2022: un editatón por la diversidad de contenidos LGBTIQ+ en Wikipedia". wikimedia.es (in Spanish).