This online meetup is open to all members of the LGBT+ User Group, and is intended as an opportunity to discuss shared opportunities, challenges, and issues.
- Date: Monday, July 8, at 10:00am EDT / 4:00pm CEST (see timezone calendar here).
- Live Online Location: Zoom (link is here). Download and install the Zoom player before the meeting for best results. Contact FULBERT if you want to be emailed a calendar invite.
- Please help us take rolling notes - Wikimedia LGBT etherpad (that will be transferred to wiki (below) after every meeting)
The Wikimedia Friendly Space Policy will be followed for this meeting.
>> Please add your agenda item and who will lead the discussion (if possible) <<
- Welcome and Introductions (Jeffrey)
- Wiki Loves Pride 2019 (Pharos)
- the international focus is the Commons campaign at commons:Commons:Wiki Loves Pride 2019
- Overview of successes (articles added or edited, pictures uploaded, etc.)
- Survey of this year's negative reactions
- gay is bad, English Wikipedia, typical vandalism
- In summary - we do not respond to opponents of the LGBT+ Movement
- We measure and count harassment / hate as data, so please briefly share if you see any, how much, and if anything seems illegal or urgent.
- Let's discuss how to record and track #4
- application for CentralNotice CentralNotice/Request/Wiki Loves Pride 2019
- Social media team for Wikimedia LGBT+ and new logo for Wikimedia LGBT+ (RachelWex)
- Wikimedia LGBT logo (User:Ladsgroup)
- Overview of accounts?
- LGBT+ Wikimedian at large (Josie)
- Restructuring the User Group page with more calls to action? (e.g. with bigger links to this meetup, to the talk page, to upcoming events, 50 basic articles in every language?) (Shikeishu)
- Non discrimination policy (User:Ɱ)
- Currently the WMF has one only covering how that organization treats its staff - https://foundation.wikimedia.org/wiki/Non-discrimination_policy
- No current such policy exists for the wiki community
- Proposal for policy originating in English Wikipedia's WikiProject LGBT Studies
- Individuals here invited to comment, either support or constructive criticism
- en:Wikipedia talk:WikiProject LGBT studies#Wikipedia community needs you!
- en:Wikipedia:English Wikipedia non-discrimination policy
- Wikipedia @ 20, book to be published in 2021 (RachelWex)
- Wikimania 2019 Submission (Bluerasberry)
- We are accepted as of 1 July - now what?
- We probably have a mid-day main conference slot
- Do we also want another time slot for an evening talk?
- If we did two talks, one could be showcasing content (more inclusive for everyone), and the other could be administrative planning (of special interest to organizers)
- Automated moderation (Who will lead this topic discussion?)
- Situation - technology has become cheap and fairly accurate to have artificial intelligence bots patrol for misconduct / abuse / harassment in Wiki projects
- To what extent can or should Wiki LGBT+ participate in this?
- Pro - bots bring safety that LGBT+ editors need, Con - no joke, the bots tend to turn evil, and require unusual regular community attention
- Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees member user:Doc James is supportive of Wikimedia LGBT+ in general and especially for any efforts for this group makes advance this discussion
- . . .
Planning to attend
- FULBERT (talk) 15:06, 23 June 2019 (UTC)
- Funcrunch (talk) 15:33, 24 June 2019 (UTC)
- John Samuel 20:17, 24 June 2019 (UTC)
- Blue Rasberry (talk) 13:24, 25 June 2019 (UTC)
- Shikeishu (talk) 15:51, 25 June 2019 (UTC)
- Itzike (talk) 21:34, 27 June 2019 (UTC)
- Pharos (talk) 18:30, 28 June 2019 (UTC)
- LornaMCampbell (talk) 13:40, 29 June 2019 (UTC)
- Ɱ (talk) 17:22, 1 July 2019 (UTC)
- Amir (talk) 13:39, 7 July 2019 (UTC)
- RachelWex (talk)
Previous online meetings
- Wikimedia LGBT User Group June 2019
- Wikimedia LGBT User Group May 2019
- Wikimedia LGBT User Group April 2019
- FULBERT, Sorry it took so long, I had to replicate work of someone else. The discussion is in Talk:Wikimedia_LGBT+#Suggested_logo Amir (talk) 00:08, 22 July 2019 (UTC)