Hello, Wikimedia Norge members and other contributors, here's our newsletter with some info on what's happening in the upcoming weeks and months.
- Wiki Loves Monuments: photo and writing contests
- During September, the annual international photo contest on cultural heritage, Wiki Loves Monuments, will be held. There will also be a 2-week long Wikipedia writing contest about cultural heritage.
- Meet-up at Litteraturhuset, September 4th
- For this meet-up, Anine Kierulf has been invited to talk about Wikipedia and the Constitution of Norway – about article 100. "Wikipedia is decidedly the largest and most used encyclopedia in Norway, while it also has many shortcomnigs. Article 100 of the Constitution says The authorities of the state shall create conditions that facilitate open
and enlightened public discourse, so is this a challenge for the authorities?" The event is free and open to everyone. You can register on-wiki or in the Facebook event.
- Wikigrants, deadline September 15th
- All contributors to the various Wikimedia projects can apply for our wikigrants. The maximum amount is 8 000 NOK. The wikigrant must be used for activities that support one or more Wikimedia projects.
- Researchers' Days, September 26th
- During this year's Researchers' Days, we will discuss what can be done to make women's contributions to culture and the arts as publicly visible as men's contributions. We are inviting organizations and people who have worked on the subject to talk about why it is important to do something about this, to share the good methods and not least to inspire to action. See the Facebook event.
- #wikinobel, September 27th
- A #wikinobel event will be held at the Nobel Peace Center on this date. More information is coming on wikimedia.no.
- Workshop: Wikidata, November 10th
- A new workshop on Wikidata! There will be merch from Wikimedia Deutschland to celebrate that Wikidata is turning 6. Feel free to suggest topics on the registration page.
There are many round numbers this fall. The Norwegian Bokmål Wikipedia is getting close to half a million articles, Wikidata is about to surpass 50 million items, and is also turning 6. Congratulations! Please get in touch with us if you have ideas about how to celebrate all of this!
Did you forget to pay your membership fees for 2018? You can always re-register on this page.
Please follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!
This newsletter is posted by a bot. Leave feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe