Hello, Wikimedia Norge members and other contributors, this is the last newsletter of the year from us. We wish everyone a merry Christmas and a happy new year! 🎄❄🎅☃
- UN International Year of Indigenous Languages
- 2019 is the UN's International Year of Indigenous Languages, and Wikimedia Norge has been recognized by UNESCO as a Civil Society Partner. Throughout 2019 we will hold a series of events connected to indigenous languages and Sami content online. The first event is an international writing contest in February of 2019. Read more on this page
- General assembly in Tromsø, 9 March 2019
- Wikimedia Norge's general assembly for 2019 will be held in Tromsø.
- As usual we will hold a wiki meetup the day before the general assembly. The meetup on 8 March will begin with a tour of Perspektivet Museum from 17:00 to 18:00, after which we will meet at Casa Inferno.
- The general assembly will be held on 9 March from 12:00 to 14:00 at Skansen.
We have been given a new grant from Arts Council Norway to continue the Bodil Biørn project. The project is a cooperation with Wikimedia Armenia and the National Archive of Norway, centered around transcribing and digitizing Biørn's letters from Armenia. You can read an article about the project written by Wikimedia Norge and the National Archive here.
On 12 December 2018, Wikimedia Norge moved its office to Schweigaards gate 34C (greenhouse.no). We're hoping to organize a wiki meetup here in the spring.
Did you forget to pay your membership fees for 2018? You can always re-register on this page.