Wikimedia Community User Group Pakistan
Wikimedia Community User Group Pakistan is an officially recognised Wikimedia user group for Wikimedians living in, or connected to Pakistan.
As an official Wikimedia affiliate, we support the goals of the Wikimedia Foundation, including the work of volunteers on Wikimedia projects as well as numerous other free knowledge initiatives. Our aim is to support, promote, and educate the general Pakistani public about the availability and use of free and open educational content, which includes the ability to access, develop and contribute to Wikimedia projects.
The main objectives of the affiliate are to;
- organise public outreach activities on a national level,
- act as a hub for Pakistani Wikimedians,
- collaborate with the wider international Wikimedia community,
- promote Wikipedia and various Pakistani language Wikimedia projects throughout Pakistan, and
- act as a voice and representative for the Pakistani Wikimedia community
To achieve these objectives, the User Group will organize and arrange various competitions, drives, and meet-ups both on- and off-wiki. Our goal is to set the foundation for a Wikimedia Pakistan chapter.
- Ongoing events/projects
- Past events/projects
Becoming a member
Membership is open to Pakistani citizens (aged 18 years and above) and Institutions registered in Pakistan.
- More Information can be found here
Notification of User Group Expiration
This is a notification to bring to your attention that your organization is currently past due on its required annual reporting. and has expired. Wikimedia User Groups are required to submit an annual activity report covering the entirety of the 12-month agreement period in order to prompt review for a renewal. Reports must be written in English, posted to meta, and linked on the meta Reports page.
This page is used to track how organizations and groups are meeting reporting requirements described in their agreements with the Wikimedia Foundation (e.g. chapter agreements, thematic organization agreements, user group agreements). It is the central place where affiliates can add reports about their activities, share their plans, and even news or social media channels with the wider movement. When new reports are available, organizations and groups should add them to this page to keep their columns up to date.
As noted on the meta Reports page, your organization’s annual reporting became past due _____ and your user group agreement remains expired. If you wish to reapply for your user group status. please be sure to:
- Post your annual reporting to the meta Reports page as soon as possible to return to compliance with your chapter agreement.
- Check that your groups page is also up to date with past report links for historical record-keeping, and
- Please send an email to Wikimedia-l in order to share with a movement-wide audience.
If we do not hear from you or receive this reporting on the reports page within the next 30 days, your group's name and logo will be removed from the affiliates page and your information and page link will be migrated to the Formerly Active Affiliates page rather.