|Founding date||14 August 2005|
|Approval date||15 November 2005|
|Membership||126 (members' list)|
|Prezes (President)||Michał Buczyński (Aegis Maelstrom)|
|Key people||Wojciech Pędzich|
Szymon Garczewski (Tar Lócesilion)
Paweł Marynowski (Yarl)
Łukasz Garczewski (TOR)
Wojciech Tadeusz Mężyk (WTM)
Natalia Szafran-Kozakowska (Magalia)
|Budget||rev. approx. $180.000|
exp. approx. $200.000
|Affiliations||Wikimedia Central and Eastern Europe|
|Mobile number||(+48) 790 290 842|
|E-mail address||biurowikimedia.pl (office)|
Stowarzyszenie Wikimedia Polska (WMPL, Wikimedia Polska Association) is an independent non-profit, membership-based organisation serving as a Wikimedia chapter in Poland. It was created during in 2005 and recognized as the fourth Wikimedia chapter. According to the Bylaws, the purpose of the Association is to equate everyone's chances to access knowledge, both general and specific in the fields of science, culture, education and art as well as to promote and organise volunteering and charity.
Every Polish citizen over the age of 16 as well as foreign residents of Poland may become regular members of the Association, provided that they have contributed to any of the Wikimedia projects, have filled a membership form, were accepted by the Board and have paid the annual membership fee, which is currently set at a minimum of PLN 1.00 (USD 0.26). Corporate bodies may become supporting members of the Association but they are not allowed voting rights. As of February 5, 2019, Wikimedia Polska had 131 regular members.
Wikimedia Polska is supported primarily by voluntary donations from the general public. It has been recognised by Polish authorities as a public benefit organization since 28 March 2007 and it has been therefore possible for individuals to donate 1% of their income tax to the Association.
The Board of the Association is responsible for the day-to-day running of the chapter and is elected by the regular members at the Annual General Assembly.
According to the Bylaws of the Association, the Board consists of seven members at maximum, including the President, at least one Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and up to three other members. Six of the current members of the Board were elected for a two-year term in 2018 during the Annual General Assembly on 9 June 2016 in Katowice. One member was elected for a one-year term in 2019 during the Annual General Assembly on 8 June 2019 in Wrocław.
The following members are currently serving on the Board:
- President of the Board: Michał Buczyński (Aegis Maelstrom)
- Vicepresident of the Board: Szymon Grabarczuk (Tar Lócesilion)
- Treasurer: Wojciech Tadeusz Mężyk (WTM)
- Secretary: Wojciech Pędzich
- Vicepresident of the Board: Małgorzata Wilk (Maire)
- Vicepresident of the Board: Paweł Marynowski (Yarl)
The current term of the Board ends in 2020.
Programmes and projects
WMPL runs a number of programmes, chiefly in the areas of volunteer support and GLAM, but also related to education and advocacy. Among most successful programmes, there are:
- Wikigranty (a popular microgrants programme),
- Wikiekspedycje ("Wikiexpeditions", a series of photographic expeditions to remote regions of Poland),
- Wiki Lubi Zabytki (a highly successful edition of Wiki Loves Monuments, including the competition on the national level as well as accompanying exhibitions and other events),
- Etnokarpaty ("Carpathian Ethnography Project", a cross-border GLAM project conducted in cooperation with Wikimedia affiliates from Ukraine, Slovakia and the Czech Republic)
and much more. See details in yearly reports.
Wikimedia Poland has organized a number of national and local events. Its main multi-day conference is Konferencja Wikimedia Polska ("Wikimedia Polska Conference", organized every late spring or early summer, where guests from the outside of Wikimedia world are invited and where general assemblies of WMPL are held.
Other events are thematic meetings like Winter Retreats (focused on editing workshops with an element of a forseen improvisation) and meetups for most active sister project communities, Wikisource and Wiktionary (Źródłosłów).
- #wikimedia-pl on Freenode (irc.freenode.net)
- Mailing list
- WikimediaPL-l, a moderated and private mailing list
- Postal address
- Stowarzyszenie Wikimedia Polska
- ul. Tuwima 95 pok. 15
- 90-031 Łódź
More: Events - Konferencja Wikimedia Polska and further pages.
- Wikimedia Polska/Gap and Risk analysis - strategic document [essay, to be further elaborated] - version 1.0 May 2018
- Wikimedia Polska/Strategy 2019-2022 – the translation of the Chapter's 2019-2022 stretegy, developed during a workshop with an external auditor