Wikimedians of Slovakia
|Wikimedians of Slovakia|
|Approval date||25 June 2018|
Wikimedians of Slovakia User Group, in Slovak Wikimedia Slovensko, abbreviation WUG WMSK (between 2011 and May 2018 known as Wikimedia Slovakia) is a Wikimedia User Group with mission to support the Wikimedia movement in Slovakia as described in the bylaw. The intention of active members of WUG WMSK is to develop the organisation to Wikimedia Chapter.
We have organised number of competitions, presentations, speeches (not only in Slovakia), trainings, meetings (including Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2013), some small projects and participated on various Wikimedia conferences. We are collaborating with another Wikimedia organisations and education / open movement organisations, both NGOs and national.
Intentions for Wikimedia SK goes back to 2006 but first strong call for founding appeared in beginning of 2011. After nearly 1 year of meetings, brainstormings and consultations with abroad Wikimedians we created core team of founders which formed a temporal board. Wikimedia SK was incorporated in December 2011 and our first general assembly took place in March 2012. On 25 June 2018, Affiliation Committee recognized us as Wikimedia User Group.
For overview of founding process and work see: history
At the general assembly on 4th May 2019 the new Board was elected for a 2-year period.
- Chair: Matej Grochal (Jetam2)
- Vice-chair: Radoslava Semanová (Akdar)
- Vice-chair: Dávid Štefan (Lišiak)
At the general assembly on 4th May 2019 the new Audit committee was elected for a 3-year period.
- Audit Committee
Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2013 in Modra, Slovakia
Participation in the Wikimedia CEE Spring (in 2015-2016)
- Wikipedia workshop and Wikimedia talks during w:Conference on the Application of Esperanto in Science and Technology 2012
- Wiki Loves Monuments Slovakia 2012, 2013 and 2014
- Help for E@I about trademarks for offline version of Esperanto Wikipedia
- Collaboration with Slovak Institute of Monuments
- talks about Wikipedia for teachers, in education, for organisations
- request for photos from organisations (see commons:Category:Slatinka)
- Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2013
- School ambassadorial program
Plans of Wikimedia Slovakia
Cooperation with Slovak school system
- informing libraries, schools, etc. about wiki-world
Photo projects for mapping Slovakia
- competition to improve level of 1,000 vital Wikipedia articles
- collaboration with municipalities about photos
- literature projects for Slovak Wikipedians
- GLAM collaboration
- visit with Slovak and international open-source projects
- cooperation with interested groups
- projects for seniors
- project of mentoring new editors
- and other
Reports and agendas
- Official site
- email: infowikimedia.sk
- mailing lists:
- IRC channel
It you support the goals and work of Wikimedia Slovakia User Group, we encourage you to apply for a membership
- Members and supporters of Wikimedia Slovakia
- KuboF Hromoslav 21:28, 13 Mar. 2012; support for the mission, but since February 2019, when the board violated its bylaws despite notifications, recommendations and help, my support for the actual organisation dropped massively --KuboF Hromoslav (talk) 22:29, 20 October 2019 (UTC)
- Rudko 12:42, 19 Mar. 2012
- Jetam2 13:08, 1 Aug. 2013
- Peko 09:01, 10 Feb. 2014
- add yourself!