Wikimedia South Africa
Wikimedia South Africa is a Wikimedia chapter for the Republic of South Africa. It is incorporated as a non-profit-making organisation under South African law. It was founded locally on 25 February 2012 after being approved as a chapter by the Wikimedia Foundation on 26 March 2011. This chapter seeks to promote local awareness of the projects and their proper academic use, encourage translation efforts into local languages and support the creation of local free knowledge and media.
There are many ways to get involved in our work. Find out more about ways to contribute:
- Become a member - Members play a key role in shaping the future of the Chapter. Membership is open to all and costs just R30 a year or R300 for a lifetime membership.
- Join the mailing list - Stay informed about the Chapter and its activities.
- Attend an event - We organise and support events all over the country; why not go to one near you?
- Follow us on Facebook - We have an active community on Facebook, follow us there.
To interact with Wikimedia South Africa, you can contact The Administrator directly, or subscribe to our mailing list.
To subscribe to our mailing list, please visit Wikimedia ZA Mailing List
Chapter Central Mailbox
Connect with Us
Official Chapter Wiki site
Wikimedia South Africa welcomes all who want to be part of the greater Wiki-community.
At the AGM on 1 November 2014, the annual membership fee was determined at R 30.00. Members also have the option to join as a life-long member at a cost of R 300.00.
Should you be interested in becoming a member, please contact The Administrator.
Current Board (2015-2016)
- Douglas Scott: President
- Dumisani Ndubane
- Ian Gilfillan
- Pria Chetty
- Deon Steyn
- Bobby Shabangu
- Liebe Brand
2013 - 2014 Board
- Dumisani Ndubane: President
- David Richfield: General Secretary
- Maarten: International Liaison Officer
- Isla Haddow-Flood: National liaison and community activation
- Douglas Scott: Head of Projects
- Bobby Shabangu: Director