Wikimedia UG Nigeria/ Continuation of Wiki Women Radio Program in Nigeria
Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- To create awareness and promote Wikimedia projects in Nigeria
- To Increase contents on Wikimedia projects e.g Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, English Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons
- To strengthen the relationship between Wikimedia User Group Nigeria and WFM 97.1 radio
- To build partnerships with more women related organization
This program will run for another three months and will run from 25th April 2018 to 24th July 2018. Notable women in various field including academics, business, politics, civic, engineering, medicine, science, entrepreneur, banking are our major guests. The discussion would focus on Wikimedia movement, Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects, how to get involved and how to build a sustainable and long-term relationship with established women organization to promote Wikimedia movement and projects in Nigeria, encourage donations of women-related contents as well as developing a strategy to increasing the number of women contributors to Wikimedia projects. Telephone lines will be opened for listeners to call, text, so that they can contribute and ask questions. We plan to involve print media so that text from radio interviews can be turned into articles and columns that will then be used as secondary sources. Also, the program will focus on gathering information about lives and works of women to be interviewed.
We believe that at the end of every program, listeners who want to learn about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects will reach out to us through the phone numbers to connect with the community (WUGN). This is expected since the broadcast will reach millions of listeners. Since the program will be broadcasted 4 times in a month, there would be a workshop in every last Saturday of the month to train potential new editors who have shown interest in contributing to Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects. We can also invite female students of tertiary institutions to participate. Articles relating to Nigerian women would also be created. We plan to use our monthly meetup as a platform to accommodate for this workshop.
Social Media Engagement
A session from the program is dedicated for a Wikipedia Topic. Questions will be extracted from each Wikipedia Topis from previous weeks.
How to Answer the Questions
- Answer to question will be submitted via any of our social media handles.
- There will a dedicated Hartag for tracking of Answers to Questions on social media
- Each Respondent must like our pages.
- Respondees with Correct Answer will be slected via Lucky Dip
- Winners for each week will be awared an airtime voucher of NGR5,000.00 ( USD17)
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- Official mailing list of Wikimedia User Group Nigeria
- Facebook Page for Wikimedia Nigeria
- Official Twitter handle
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants= 20 new editors are recruited
- Number of winners from our Question and Answer=13 winners
- Number of articles created or improved (if applicable)= 50 new articles are created
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (if applicable)= 13
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects (if applicable)= 13
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- User:Olaniyan Olushola (Project Lead)
- User:Agbalagba (media crew)
- User:Lafemo123 (logistics manager & media crew)
- User:Kaizenify (coordinator)
- User:Darreg (workshop facilitator)
- User:T Cells (workshop facilitator & media crew)
- User:Jamie Tubers (Workshop facilitator)
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense: This is the estimated budget for the Wiki Loves Nigerian Women Breakfast Show
|Sl.No||Item||Quantity||Rate (NGN)||Total (NGN)||Total (USD)||Notes|
|Cost per week of presenting the program on air|
(Sumtotal : 50000 NGN)
|1||Transportation of Media Crew||6||2500||15,000||49.39||This would cover the cost of transportation for our media crew|
|2||Refreshment for Media Crew||6||2500||15,000||49.39||This would cover the cost of refreshment for our media crew|
|3||transportation Stipends for invited guests||3||5,000||15,000||49.39||This is the cost of stipends to encourage our presenters|
|4||Refreshment for guest||1||2000||2000||6.56||This would cover the cost of refreshment for our invited guest|
|4||Airtime Voucer for Winner of our Weekly Questions||1||1000||1000||3.28||This would cover the cost of airtime voucher for Winners of our Weekly Questions and Answers|
|Total cost per week (without contingency cost): NGN 48,000 (USD 157.89)|
Contingency cost: NGN 2000 (USD 6.57)
Grand Total:NGN 50,000 (USD 164.47)
The above budget represent cost per week of presenting the program.