Wikimedia UK/Events/BBC 100 Women
|Welcome||Discuss||Resources||Events & Workshops|
Wikimedia and BBC 100 Women
Welcome to WikiProject BBC 100 Women, a partnership between the BBC, BBC Wales and Wikimedia to raise awareness of the gender gap on Wikipedia, improve coverage of women and encourage women to edit.
|Anybody can get involved in this project...|
|We have simple instructions on how to edit. There are also suggestions for who to add and reference materials that you can use as sources. You can visit the help pages on the English Wikipedia here. For a short video on how to edit, go to BBC 100 Women|
|On the events and workshops page you'll find details of in person training events and activities taking place around the world.|
|On 8th December 2016 as part of the BBC 100 Women season, edit-a-thons will be held in BBC Broadcasting House in central London, Cardiff and in locations around the world where there are BBC bureaux and active Wikimedia communities. We hope to reach a global audience of millions, helping people understand how Wikipedia is created – through volunteer contributions – as well as generating more content about women on the site.|
|Editors working in all languages will be encouraged to live tweet about their involvement and their edits through #100womenwiki.|
The BBC will have a live page and the event will be reported on various programmes and platforms over the course of the day. If you aren’t able to make it to an event, you will be able to follow a ‘how to’ video and join in from home, make sure we know you are taking part by sharing your contribution using the hashtag and become part of the community trying to address this challenge.
|If you would like to be involved as an event co-ordinator, trainer or participant, please sign up below or email email@example.com and we will aim to pair your community up with a BBC producer and location.
Here is a list of where the BBC are supporting BBC 100 Women events.
|Sign up list for Wikimedia participants|
To add your signature here, click "edit".
Go to "Insert"
Choose the "more" options.
Choose the "Your signature" option.
And save your edit.
- Rich Farmbrough, 18:59, 23 November 2016 (UTC).
- Carbon Caryatid (talk) 16:17, 24 November 2016 (UTC) (London)
- RexxS (talk) 23:52, 29 November 2016 (UTC) (trainer, UK)
- User:Rob~enwiki (User talk:Rob~enwiki)
- Gordo (talk) 08:51, 8 December 2016 (UTC)
- Andrew D. (talk) 09:06, 8 December 2016 (UTC)
- Jogi don (talk) 09:52, 8 December 2016 (UTC)
- Fitindia FITINDIA (talk) 10:00, 8 December 2016 (UTC)
- Wisal Ahmad (talk) 17:00 , 8 December 2016 (UTC)
- Edwardx (talk) 12:29, 8 December 2016 (UTC) will try to offer some intermittent remote support
- Aditimandavgane11 (talk) 12:56, 8 December 2016 (UTC)
- Thekohser (talk) 13:00, 8 December 2016 (UTC)
- Amit Kumar Jaiswal (talk) 18:38 PM, 8 December 2016 (UTC)
- Eddie123e (talk) 22:43 PM, 8 December 2016 (UTC)
- Aniol (talk) 15:32, 8 December 2016 (UTC)
- czar 18:03, 8 December 2016 (UTC)
- Paul W (talk) 17:08, 8 December 2016 (UTC)
- GigglesnortHotel (talk) 21:04, 8 December 2016 (UTC)
- Fritz1543 (talk) 21:37, 8 December 2016 (UTC)
- PersnicketyPaul (talk) 18:47, 8 December 2016 (EST)
- Jweaver28 (talk) 23:52, 8 December 2016 (UTC)
- Camelia (talk) 18:14, 8 December 2016 (UTC)