Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021/Request for Comments
Friendly space policyHashtag: #wmwm2021
Request for Comments is a discussion place where we are starting a few discussion and inviting you to share comment/views.
Why RfC?: These are a few questions, where we do not know the exact answer, and we believe your comments/inputs will help in planning Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 or any other similar event. Let's learn from each other.
Every RfC will have these components–
- Question: Narrates the RfC topic in brief, in 1–2 sentences.
- Opening Remarks: Explains the question in details, narrates the things we already know, provides links to resources, and helps to prepare for the discussion.
- Discussion: Main part of the RfC, where you will participate and share their comment/opinion/view. Although English might be the common language, feel free to write in any language.
- Conclusion/Closing remark: (optional) draws conclusion, if applicable, at the end of the discussion.
This is a consultation for a decision to be made by the organising team, and we'll follow the best possible and feasible suggestion. All the comments will be helpful to improve our and everyone's learning.
- As a participant: Please participate in the RfC disucssion, share your experience and suggestions.
- Improve the RfC portal: Do you have experience of managing RfCs? We need your help. Please share your suggestion on improving the RfC here, or feel free to directly make constructive changes in design, formatting, improving guidelines, instructions etc.
Here are the basic guidelines to follow.
- Everyone is welcome: Everyone is welcome to comment, from all communities, and all Wikimedia projects.
- Topic: All the topics will be directly related to WMWM or conducting online event and remote participation in general.
- In search of answer: An RfC will ask those questions where there is no clear/perfect answer yet, and a collective or group discussion may help in finding solution/answer.
- Duration: An RfC will be open for at least 14 days (or more than that), unless a perfect answer is unanimously found and concluded before that.
- Detailed comment: Please write in details, and avoid brief comments without explanations.
- Friendly discussion: Keep the discussion friendly, avoid personal remark, and personal attack.
This is a list of the topics where we are soliciting your detailed opinion. Please participate in these discussions. Please do not open a new RfC thread at this moment.
|RfC||Opening date||Closing date||Status|
|Online engagement strategy||14 November 2020||Not decided yet||Active|
|Online training: Challenges and possible solutions||14 November 2020||Not decided yet||Active|
|Platform for online training||14 November 2020||Not decided yet||Active|