Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021/Submissions/Transforming Data from the Web with OpenRefine
- Your username:
- Transforming Data from the Web with OpenRefine
- English / Malayalam
- Time needed:
- 60 minutes long Workshop, followed by a conversation.
- Narrate your plan in details:
This will be basic-level training for users who have just started using OpenRefine or have plans to work on with data in Wikimedia or other data related projects.
- Explain the basics of the tool; its working with messy data; cleaning and transforming it.
- Fetching and Parsing HTML
- Wikidata reconciliation process
- Import data into Wikidata as well as extract data from Wikidata
- Question & Answer section
- Any support you need:
- How will this session be beneficial for the communities in India?:
This workshop will be beneficial for community members who likes on working on tabular data in Wikimedia projects like Wikidata and can we useful for creating tabular data from the knowledge base of Wikidata in other Wiki projects.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).