Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2022/Submissions
For Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2022 need submissions for brief sessions. These submissions can be from the participants as part of the event. After the selection of sessions, those will be part of the main event. There will be the types of programs/sessions at the event:
- The submissions are not restricted to a specific project or area but please follow the focus areas of the meet. (It will help in proposing)
- An important talk or interactive topic to engage participants.
- Experienced Wikimedians can submit a proposal or create an atmosphere of lighting talk
Note: If you are an experienced Wikimedian and want to train/talk during the Wikimeet, please let us know by showing your interest below. Please read the guidelines first below applying.
Dates to keep in mind
- Starting date for the submission: 23 December 2021
- Ending date: 23 January 2022
- Program committee decision: 24 January to 31 January 2022
- Main session: 18 - 20 February 2022
Submit a session proposal
Please fill the form below if you want to submit a session proposal at Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2022.
- The sessions will be on any Wikimedia related topics, it will not be restricted to a specific topic or project.
- Submissions can be outside India along with India. Wikimedians from outside India are also welcome to submit proposals.
- There will be a decision-making committee on submissions and to accept or reject a submission will depend on the Program Team. Their decision will be final.
- The event will have different formats of sessions, like presentations, workshops, panel discussions, and 5-minutes lightning talks.
- The organisers will provide the support to help the presenter understand the use of online platforms like Zoom etc prior to the event.
- The organisers will also communicate with the presenter prior to the event to help understand the entire process, or for general preparation.
- A session can be around 20 minutes long or more. A lightning talk should be no longer than 5 minutes.
- There can be more than one presenter in one session. Feel free to make a group for your session.
- The presenters for long-duration sessions must ensure that they will be available for the preparation and during their sessions.
- The presenters for lightning talks however can pre-record their sessions earlier, if they want, and send it to the organizers to play the recording during their allotted time.
A session will be conducted in English or any Indian language. (Note: Please send the video at least two days from the pressing date.)
- Similar topics may be grouped together, or the format may be changed by the program team. The organising/program team will contact the session presenters if those decisions are taken.
- The talks should be interacting and try to involve participants in sessions, if possible.
If you have any questions or doubts, you can write on talk page, or you may also email wmwmcis-india.org.
List of open Submission