- Wikimedia ZA Administrator (Joburg)
- Department: Wikimedia ZA Chapter
- Reports To: Chapter Manager
This is a full-time Executive Coordinator role located in Johannesburg with flexibility for some remote work. The Executive Coordinator will be responsible for a range of tasks to support Wikimedia South Africa, including project management, event planning and coordination, administrative support, and communications and outreach. The Executive Coordinator will also be responsible for managing and monitoring budgets, coordinating fundraising activities, and providing support to Board members and volunteers.
- Provide administrative support to the Wikimedia ZA Chapter team, including managing calendar and scheduling, handling correspondence, keeping minutes, following and documenting action items until they are completed
- Maintain the chapter's mailing list and other communication channels.
- Maintain the chapter's membership roster.
- Support the chapter's events and outreach initiatives.
- Assist with the chapter's fundraising efforts.
- Collecting information and data and preparing reports.
- Manage the chapter's website and social media presence.
- Support chapter members grow the free knowledge project.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, administration, or a related field.
- a minimum of 5-years experience in an administrative role and a minimum of 5-years experience with computers.
- Proven excellence as an office administrator or in another relevant position.
- Proficient in a variety of computer software applications. including Google Workspace, Google sheets, Google drive, and Google docs. Knowledge of Wiki markup, html and meta.wiki, and Inkscape a plus.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication, writing and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Reliable, dependable, and able to work autonomously when needed.
- Experience with website and social media management a plus.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Excellent organisational skills and planning.
- Strong Attention to Detail and accuracy.
- Professional and self-motivated.
- Have some knowledge of Wikipedia and how it works.
- Passion for Wikimedia, open knowledge and open software projects.
- Able to speak and write fluently in a, or multiple, an additional official South African language, in addition to English.
- Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Closing Date: November 30, 2023
- This is a full-time position with a competitive salary.
- Wikimedia ZA does not have physical offices so 80% of your work will be done remotely with 20% in person.
- The ideal candidate will be based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- This is a 12 month contract to be renewed annually based on performance and availability of funding.
About Wikimedia ZA Chapter:
Wikimedia South Africa is a nonprofit membership organisation for volunteer Wikipedia editors in South Africa. Our mission is to provide open access to knowledge for everyone. We promote the development of free and open educational content in all official languages of South Africa. Wikimedia South Africa is based in Johannesburg.