These goals were developed as an outcome of a survey conducted by the User Group Steering Committee in 2018
- Develop a plan to engage with libraries in communities with historically low participation in Wikimedia projects
- Proposed action: pick four-five countries / regions and develop ambassadors
- Wikimedia work is business as usual in libraries by sharing case studies and communicating the benefits of engaging with Wikimedia
- Proposed action: highlight librarian stories. Develop interview series, and highlight on social media.
- Proactively coordinate outreach to library professionals; arrange for attendance at library conferences and events
- Proposed action: identify four-five conferences to target (perhaps tie to first item above, countries or regions to develop)
- Activate the user group in relation to #1lib1ref:
- Proposed action: hold Google Hangouts that anyone is welcome to join to answer questions. After the campaign, invite people to share their #1lib1ref success stories
Mark your calendars for...
Wikimedia and Libraries User Group - #1lib1ref office hours on Tuesday 26 May 2020 there will be three Zoom sessions led by members of the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group.
What will we talk about / demonstrate during the hour?
- demonstrating how to add citations
- the importance of Wikipedia and Wikidata to libraries and librarians
- an overview of resources for teaching / coaching library colleagues in editing skills
- Wikipedia Library and how people can join it
- .... and more ....
30 May 2019 09:00 Sydney / 29 May 16:00 Pacific/ 29 May 23:00 GMT
#1lib1ref is a global campaign to encourage library staff to add references to articles in Wikipedia to improve their accuracy and usefulness.
A Google hangout was held, focusing on what library colleagues are doing in Wikipedia on Thursday 30 May 2019 at 9am. Hosts: Merrilee and Mylee
- Why do we need #1lib1ref (discussion)
- How to add a citation (demo)
- What topics to get started with .... (discussion)
- Citation hunt (demo)
- What are other libraries doing? (discussion)
Join the discussion