These goals were developed as an outcome of a survey conducted by the User Group Steering Committee in 2018
- Develop a plan to engage with libraries in communities with historically low participation in Wikimedia projects
- Proposed action: pick four-five countries / regions and develop ambassadors
- Wikimedia work is business as usual in libraries by sharing case studies and communicating the benefits of engaging with Wikimedia
- Proposed action: highlight librarian stories. Develop interview series, and highlight on social media.
- Proactively coordinate outreach to library professionals; arrange for attendance at library conferences and events
- Proposed action: identify four-five conferences to target (perhaps tie to first item above, countries or regions to develop)
- Activate the user group in relation to #1lib1ref:
- Proposed action: hold Google Hangouts that anyone is welcome to join to answer questions. After the campaign, invite people to share their #1lib1ref success stories
Mark your calendars for... 30 May 09:00 Sydney / 29 May 16:00 Pacific/ 29 May 23:00 GMT
#1lib1ref is a global campaign to encourage library staff to add references to articles in Wikipedia to improve their accuracy and usefulness.
If you would like to know more about what library colleagues are doing in Wikipedia you can join a Google hangout on Thursday 30 May 2019 at 9am.
- Why do we need #1lib1ref (discussion)
- How to add a citation (demo)
- What topics to get started with .... (discussion)
- Citation hunt (demo)
- What are other libraries doing? (discussion)
Join the discussion