Wikimedia chapters/Creation guide/Chapter Application Instructions
This the instructional page for using the Chapter application template to generate a subpage of your group's page to apply for chapter recognition. This includes demonstrating each of the criteria for becoming a new chapter as outlined in the Affiliates portal guidelines and in the templated sections that follow.
In addition, there is more specific info here:
How to create and submit your application for Chapter or Thematic Organization recognition
As far as the application process is concerned, there are nine criteria that a user group needs to meet in order to be recognized as a chapter, eight for thematic organizations. A list of these criteria, as well as a description of the information that you should submit to demonstrate how you meet them, can be found in the template as detailed below. Importantly, you should
- Create a subpage on your meta user group page using the space label “/Application for Chapter Status” for chapter applications. There you should:
- Apply the template Template:Chapter or Thematic Org Application by copying all the mark-up from the "Edit Source" view or tab and pasting it to your new subpage.
- You will then work through the template instructions on your subpage to replace the italicized instructions with your evidence of meeting the criteria being sure to include descriptive text along with any links shared. Once your bylaws are ready for sharing, please
- Submit them to the committee at affcom[at]wikimedia.lists.org so that the committee may begin their review and comment period for the bylaws as you continue to complete your application. Once the committee sends feedback regarding your bylaws, please
- Revise bylaws as appropriate, based on committee feedback, before you complete the final step to
- Submit your application page to the committee at affcom[at]wikimedia.lists.org