This is the Chapter report for Wikimedia Nederland for November 2012
- Rijksmuseum: On november 22 there was a brainstorm meeting between Wikimedia Nederland and the Rijksmuseum. The Rijksmuseum placed more than 15,000 images online under the name Rijksstudio http://www.rijksstudio.com. After interesting discussions we drew up a list with 10 possible ways of a more intensive cooperation between WMNL and the Rijksmuseum, also on a international level. Next session and further steps in early January 2013.
- Maarten Dammers and Hay Kranen organized a successful Dutch Hackathon in Amsterdam, the day after the Wikmimedia Conferentie Nederland. About 20 volunteers (Dutch, German, French) contributed to various projects. Details available here.
- On November 9th, 2012, the annual Wikimedia Conferentie Nederland took place. The keynote lecture on education was delivered by Jimmy Wales. Lydia Pintscher (Wikimedia Deutschland), our second keynote speaker, informed us about the latest developments on WikiData.
During the conference visitors could chose between lectures in three different tracks: onderwijs (education), technische kant van wiki's, wiki-communities. Vadim Zaytsev invited, selected and instructed 15 different speakers. Results vs success criteria: - 130 unique visitors (target was 150) - 27 new visitors (target was 25) who did not visit any other Wikimedia event before - 20 new members (target was 20) - 6 positive press releases (target was 5) both in printed media as well as broadcast - But most important: we scored 4 points out of 5 for the overall quality of the conference in the visitors evaluation
Press and outreach
- On 9 november the executive director Sandra Rientjes held radio interviews with BNR newsradio and Radio 6
- On 9 november Jimmy Wales attending Wikimedia Conferentie Nederland 2012 gave interviews with two freelance journalists, which resulted in good coverage in two national newspapers and on internet bulletins
- Another email-newsletter for our members was distributed on November 26, covering items such us the Wikimedia Conferentie Nederland 2012, the Dutch hackaton 2012, and the results of Wiki Loves Monuments NL 2012. We also informed our members about the FDC recommendation concerning our budget 2013.
Board and Staff
Cyriel Brusse stepped back as a board member on November 26th. She was a member of the board since October 2011. She called WMNL a fine association but did not share the direction of it.
- January 19, 2013: New Year reception for our members and relations in the Amsterdam University Museum.