Wikimedia chapters/Reports/Wikimedia Nederland/201309
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is the chapter report for Wikimedia Nederland for September 2013.
COMMUNITY: supporting and mobilising volunteers and editors
- Our two-weekly Wiki-Saturdays remain successful: on a Wiki-Saturday the WMNL office is open for members of the community as a venue for meetings, a quiet place to work on projects or just to have a coffee and a chat with fellow Wikimedians. In September, the office was open twice, hosting volunteers and board members working on our annual conference, wiki loves monuments and the annual work plan 2014.
- Preparations for the Wikimedia Nederland Conference (November 2, Utrecht) are in full swing. WMF chair of the Board Jan Bart de Vreede has agreed to give the keynote speech. See for conference programme: http://www.wikimediaconferentie.nl/
- There was a Wikipedia Café in Amsterdam on September 6. Four community members attended.
WORK: content, collaboration and activity development
- Wiki Loves Monuments. September is Wiki Loves Monuments month. There were photo-safari’s (Wiki Takes) in Groningen, Nijmegen and The Hague. One of our volunteers arranged a special tour of Kasteel de Haar so that photographs could be taken inside the castle.
- World War II. A group of active community members has decided to focus on World War II. We cooperated with the National Committee for the Commemoration of World War II earlier this year in a small pilot-project to gather photographs of war monuments for Wikimedia Commons. We are looking to expand this cooperation.
- Fashion edit-a-thon Antwerpen. The MoMu fashion museum hosted an Europeana Fashion Edit-a-thon in Antwerp. Around 25 participants worked on articles and a special tour through the museum was given.
- Public Libraries. BiSC Utrecht, the service organisation for libraries in the province of Utrecht, and Wikimedia Nederland organised a workshop for libraries. The goal of the workshop was to generate ideas for cooperation. The workshop was inspired by the earlier Wiki Loves Bieb project.
- 25/9 Creative Commons Conference. Wikimedia Nederland attended the celebration of 10 years of Creative Commons in the Netherlands. The future of the licenses and their use was being discussed at the event.
- ECNC. Volunteers of Wikimedia Nederland supported the ECNC photo competition by setting up the upload wizard. One of the goals for Wikimedia Nederland to support this competition is to see if and how we can support initiatives by other organisations that lead to more content on commons and/or other Wikimedia projects.
- Tropenmuseum. The Tropenmuseum is looking for the fourth Dutch Wikipedian in Residence (job description in Dutch) for their project about expeditions.
- WMNL submitted its application for FDC funding in time before the October 1 deadline. We are requesting € 356,068, a 20% increase on the 2013 FDC allocation.
GLOBAL: International collaboration
- Board member international affairs Ziko van Dijk visited the Wikipedia-Stammtisch in Bochum (DE)
- Wiki Loves Monuments International: WMNL is acting as fiscal sponsor to the Wiki Loves Monuments International team, taking care of accounting and payments.
- Kira Kraemer (WMDE) visited the WMNL offices as part of the Chapters Dialogue programme. She interviewed representatives of board, community and staff.
ORGANISATION: board, management and support
- The board met in Utrecht on September 5.
- The Algemene Ledenvergadering (General Assembly) took place on September 21 (the second in 2013). Main points on the agenda were the Annual Workplan and Budget 2014. Both were approved by the members.