Wikimedians for Sustainable Development/Strategy feedback/1
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Here, we are collecting feedback for recommendation 1, Promote Sustainability and Resilience. Feel free to add any thoughts here, we will finalize it together in an online meeting.
- Having "Promote Sustainability and Resilience" as number one recommendation makes a lot of sense, but it makes no sense to us that that recommendation, while targeting sustainability "in terms of human and financial resources", manages not to mention natural resources at all. How can we pretend that the former are independent of the latter? How can we ignore that humanity is on a very unsustainable path that is very likely to affect individuals and groups within our Movement and amongst our donors in ways that modulate their ability and willingness to contribute?
- Movement recommendations regarding sustainability and resilience should thus definitely include environmental aspects, highlighting aspirations in at least three dimensions of our efforts:
- assisting humanity in finding information related to Sustainability and Resilience at any level and in the languages of their choice,
- reducing our Movement's environmental footprint,
- strengthening the resilience of Wikimedians affected by disasters, whether natural or human-made.