Wikimedians of Mainland China/ar
Wikimedians of Mainland China is a group of Wikimedians working to promote Wikimedia Movement in Mainland China.
We have acknowledged current blockade on all languages of Wikipedia in mainland China. See our report of this on Qiuwen. Feel free to reach out our liaisons' email to discuss this issue.
- Promoting Wikimedia Movement in Mainland China.
- Conducting online and offline activities in Mainland China.
- Helping novice wikimedians (mainly from Mainland China) to study how to use and edit Wikimedia sites.
See User Group Constitution for details.
The following meetups and other offline activities are held by group members or liaisons.
- Jul 2017 Shenzhen Meetup, 4 attendees
- Jul 2017 Beijing Meetup, 14 attendees
- Aug 2017 Shenzhen-Hong Kong Meetup, 4 attendees
- Oct 2017 National Day Holiday Northeastern China Meetup (Harbin, Heilongjiang Province), 9 attendees
- Jan 2018 Winter Vacation Northeastern China Meetup (Changchun, Jilin Province), 7 attendees
- Jan 2018 Winter Vacation Beijing Meetup , 16 attendees
- Jan 2018 Winter Vacation Shenzhen Meetup, 9 attendees
- April 2018 Chinese Wikipedia 1 million articles celebration meetup, 9 attendees with Wikipedia account registered.
- Jul 2018 Kunming Meetup, 9 attendees
Online Edition Coordination
- Wiki Loves China (2019.7-8), Total 6731 Photos/Medias have been uploaded to Wiki Commmons
- Attendance Incentive Plan for Chinese Community in 2019 Wikipedia Asian Month (2019.11-12)
Other offline activities
- Shanghai Photowalk, upcoming
Since China is geographically diverse and hard to bring offline meetups to wherever newbies and potential contributors are, promoting Wikimedia movements online is also one of other major ways to introduce Wikimedia projects, as well as teaching basic editing skills and tips. By December 2017, we have successfully held 5 online lectures, with over 200 audiences in total. From the fifth lecture, we decided to put links and ways to attend it on a banner of Chinese Wikipedia a few days in advance, to attract more audiences.
After the latest one held on February 2nd, future lectures will be held regularly about every two months, thus the next lecture will be held in early April.
Total members: 203
Any Wikimedia users can join our group freely, as long as you meet our criteria stated in our constitution.
Contact our liaisons at