Wikinews is a Wikimedia collaborative writing project to report the news on a wide variety of subjects using a wiki. Wikinews languages: English, German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Swedish. The (multilingual) IRC chat is on irc.freenode.net, channel #wikinews. On a semi-regular basis, we host chats on specific issues. These chats are planned here.
This first open IRC meeting will focused on how Wikinews can become a part of the blogosphere, and how Wikinews content can be useful to blogs. We invited all bloggers to join.
The chat session will lasted about 2 hours, and users were invited to stay in the room and continue to discuss issues after that.
If you are late, the live chat log is here.
- Introducing Wikinews: ca. 15 minutes
- Questions: ca. 20 minutes
- Wikinews RSS feeds: What options are there, what can we expect? ca. 10 minutes
- Using Wikinews content in your blog: ca. 20 minutes
- Providing content from your blog to the Wikinews project: ca. 10 minutes
- Linking to blogs: ca. 10 minutes
- Providing photos: ca. 5 minutes
Who will come:
- Eloquence 02:24, 28 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- Jimbo Wales (jwales on irc)
- Waerth I'll try to be there, probably just spectator
- Chatmag I'll be there, and I"ve also set up a browser accesible Java enabled chat channel interface for those not having IRC. Contact me directly at editor @ chatmag.com (remove spaces) if you'd like to use it, or I can post the link here.
- Amgine Of course...
- Sean Bonner
Who will try to come:
- Anthere 05:19, 31 Jan 2005 (UTC), not certain I will be able to attend, if not, I would be glad to be able to see the log afterwards. Could you plan to archive it ?
- David Weinberger I'll try to be there, although the chances of my computing what time 22UTC is in Boston are slim. Damn math majors!
- McCart42 15:22, 1 Feb 2005 (UTC) Probably just spectator - David, 2200UTC=1700EST (5 PM), probably a joke
- Mats Halldin I'm not using blogs a lot, but normally I'm present on the channel.
Chat summaries, discussion
Information will be summarized on Wikinews and Blogs. Feel free to continue discussions on issues raised on that page.