EduWiki Knowledge Showcase
EduWiki Knowledge Showcases are designed as a community support space to provide an inclusive and equitable community gathering platform for members of the Wikimedia and Education User Group and EduWiki practitioners across the globe. This plan revolves around Global Open Meetings hosted by affiliates within the movement with support from the Wikipedia + Education User Group members. The goal is to foster a sense of belonging and connectivity and inspire diversity within education programs. These meetings will focus on sharing accomplishments, expert talks, interactive discussions, Q&A, and networking. They will be organized periodically and rotated through different time zones. They will be providing a space for thematic programs that are successful in different regions to share the stories with our global community members. Our aim with the EduWiki Knowledge Showcase is to support the Wikimedia community to make an impact in the education sector and innovate new ideas.
- Timezone Equity
- The meetings will be rotated across time zones to accommodate global participants. We particularly want to include diverse and unheard voices.
- We will provide scheduling tools to determine meeting times based on participant preferences.
- Accessibility Considerations
- We will provide a paid platform like Zoom Premium or Meet Premium to the hosts to let the meeting happen without disruptions.
- If required, limited interpretation support will be provided based on the request from the participants. In our commitment to ensuring accessibility, interpretation services are offered to cater to non-English speakers, making the conversations genuinely global and multilingual.
Our next meeting will be in February 2024. Stay tuned for more details!
Our first meeting was on Monday, October 2, at 9 am UTC, and was themed around WikiCamps. Our speakers included:
- Susanna Mkrtchyan, Wikimedia Armenia
- Natasha Nedanoska, GLAM Macedonia
- Nebojša Ratković, Wikimedia Serbia
- User:Vyolltsa, Wikimedians of Albanian Language User Group
Our second meeting was on Friday, November 10, at 10 am UTC. It focused on fun ways of engaging with Wikimedia & Education, featuring two representatives from Northern and Western Europe:
- Mathilde Louis, education project manager at Wikimédia France, will introduce you to Wikeys, the pedagogical game that teaches the 5 pillars of Wikipedia. She will explain the genesis of the game, its advancement after a year and her hopes for its future development. She will also mention its potential within the movement, including its translation.
- Galder Gonzalez Larrañaga, Wikimedian from the Basque Country and project manager at the Basque Wikimedians User Group. Six years ago, the BWUG started a project to improve content that may be used by students, and we did it involving educators and students from universities and secondary schools. Now we are working on Open Education Resources, with our brand new project Ikusgela.
- We envision active participation from the affiliates, fostering a culture of collaboration and mutual support. The process of hosting meetings is an open invitation to affiliates.
- Interested affiliates are requested to sign up below and show interest in the topic of impact for the upcoming EduWiki Showcase sessions. Please mention the support required at least a month in advance for successfully organizing the session.
- For example, the Atlantis User Group focuses on the need for climate change edit-a-thons with students on Atlantia Wikipedia and needs support in providing a premium Zoom meeting link and translation support in the Elvish language.
- Express interest here !
- Lebron jay (talk) 05:34, 14 September 2023 (UTC)Lebron jay
- Atibrarian (talk) 06:39, 14 September 2023 (UTC)
- Oby Ezeilo (talk) 17:37, 14 September 2023 (UTC)
- Ibjaja055 (talk) 10:17, 2 October 2023 (UTC)
- YusufuAM (talk) 17:34, 1 November 2023 (UTC)
- Huzaifakumo (talk) 18:47, 1 November 2023 (UTC)
The EduWiki Nigeria focuses on African Climate change activist with teachers on Wikidata and needs support on providing data and refreshment.
- Felipe Ribeiro (talk) 17:45, 14 September 2023 (UTC)
- Tiputini (talk) 16:05, 19 September 2023 (UTC)
- Pavanaja (talk) 13:14, 20 September 2023 (UTC)
- Onwuka Glory (talk) 18:30, 25 September 2023 (UTC)
- Alhassan Mohammed Awal (talk) 22:06, 1 November 2023 (UTC)
- Krutyvuss (talk) 17:49, 28 September 2023 (UTC)
- Annick green (talk)
- Flonews (talk) 10 novembre 2023, 18:30 (UTC+1)