Wikipedia Asian Month 2018/Organiser Guidelines
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See main page for list
- Before 27 October 2018
- Set-up an event page on local Wikipedia, then put the link to your local event page in the list above. (You can use this well-designed sample page, localized this template is required)
- Translate the rules into your language, and maybe slightly adjust the rules if needed.
- Call a few Wikipedians to join you as local organizers (Local organizers (up to five) can get one additional postcard from another country, i.e. if they also accomplish the requirement, they can receive two postcards from two countries)
- Post an invitation message on the village pump, Community bulletin board, mailing list, or even make a Site Notice, around two weeks before it starts.
During the event
- November 2018
- Continue to call for participants to participate at the village pump, community bulletin board, mailing list, site notice, etc.
- A tool for keeping track participants' progress shall be available here (hosted at Tool Labs).
- CentralNotice can be translated in the following pages: Add your language code after the page name. Contact revi if you need assistance with editing MediaWiki namespace.
- Before 2019
- Check how articles fulfill the article criterias
- Have a list of Wikipedians who finish the task (4 articles)
- Have the name of Wikipedia Asian Ambassador, who created most articles (that fulfills the criteria)
- Ask them to fill in a global Google Form with their mailing address in both the local language and in English
- Help to translate the address if editors are not able to provide an English version
- The mail address will be randomly distributed to the communities which are able to send postcards