|Initial release||Dec 2021 (expected)|
Wikisource Apps allow users to interact with Wikisource without using the website.
There are apps for various platforms (Android, iOS, Windows, …), various Wikimedia projects (Commons, Wikipedia) have an Apps for reading and editing.But no Apps available for Wikisource (read, contribute, …). CIS-A2K is initiated this apps in 2021 as Wikisource focus area. In 2017 Community Wishlist Survey, a wish was for Mobile app for sister projects and got vote 46. CIS-A2K is realised that we should work around this Apps. This might be more or less phab:T165495, but its was fixed and closed without creating one Wikisource Apps.
Download the Apps
Why make apps?
POC for Wikisource app
- Prof of Concept for Wikisource app
- Initially focused on 3 languages - Tamil, Bengali & English
- Directly load the Wikisource data into app
Jan 2022 Update
- Supported 3 language selection UI
- Search books by search term
- Reader UI few updates for better look
Feb 2022 Update
- Eliminated the title portion of the reading page
- Improved the Search component
- Collecting information for support multiple languages
Mar 2022 Update
- New user interface implemented
- Added support for multiple Wikisource languages
- Checking the feasibility of getting completed books list from common categories
APK link: Wikisource_app_v0.1.0.apk