Wikisource and Wikidata training for Sanskrit Wikimedians
Sanskrit community members have been active on wiki projects significantly. This training aims to give more knowledge of Wikisource and Wikidata, help the community members to do their work in a much efficient manner. Any sanskrit Wikicommunity member staying in Bangalore with the basic knowledge of Wikisource is allowed to take part in the event.
Venue & Date
- Date: 30th November and 1st December 2019
- Venue:Aksharam, Samskrita Bharati
ː8th Cross Rd, Girinagar, 2nd Phase, Banashankari, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560085
ːGoogle Maps - link
List of Participants
- Soorya Hebbar (चर्चा) ०६:३२, २९ नवम्बर २०१९ (UTC)
- Surekha Kamath (talk) 07:35, 29 November 2019 (UTC)
- Shubha (talk) 12:33, 29 November 2019 (UTC)
- Dayasagara (talk) 14:00, 29 November 2019 (UTC)
- KrishnamurthyAshwini (talk) 14:03, 29 November 2019 (UTC)
- Vidyasagar (चर्चा) 17:56, 29 November 2019 (UTC)
- Venkateswaran raman (talk) 11:13, 1 December 2019 (UTC)
- Sayant Mahato talk 11:16, 1 December 2019 (UTC)
- Sharanya nagesh (talk) 14:00, 2 December 2019 (UTC)
Day 1 (30-11-2019)
|10:00am - 10:15am||Introduction|
|10.15am - 11:15am||Editing tools and Mass OCR|
|11.30am-12.30pm||Uploading tools and Mass uploading of files|
|12.30pm-1.30 pm||AWB – its application in Wikisource and Wikipedia|
|2.30pm-3.30 pm||Copyright laws, relevant tags and related issues|
|3.30pm-3.45 pm||Tea break|
|3.45 pm-4.45 pm||Download options – EPub, Mobi,
Question and Answer session
Day 2 (24-03-2018)
- Overview of Wikidata
- Linking author pages in Sanskrit Wikisource with hands-on
- Creating new items (hands-on)
- Wikidata WikiProject Books with hands-on
- Few data gaps for Sanskrit community
- Basics of SPARQL
- Future strategy
Who can join?
- Sanskrit Wikimedian who is currently residing at Bangaluru,Karnataka
- Actively involved and recently active on Wikisource Project.
- at least 300+ edits in Wikisource 31 october 2019
- Note: Partial participation (eg, can not attend fully, but attend most/some of the workshop) is not allowed.
- Is it a residential training?
- Are you going to support my travel and accommodation during the workshop?
- Can I bring my friend/brother(...) in the workshop?
- Kindly no, not during the workshop.
- Why can't I attend the workshop, if I am not from the mentioned city?
- Apologies, this is a zonal workshop. If you want to have a similar workshop in your zone, please let us know. You may email jayantacis-india.org