Women on Wikipedia Month
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Some ideas proposed so far:
- Persuade some well-known women to open accounts on or around March 8, International Women's Day. Statements from them and Sue to the media.
- A women's welcoming committee to welcome new women editors, where we offer to help/mentor them.
- A series of outreach events around the world both before and in the months after the event to keep the momentum going.
- Wikipedia women in India are apparently excited by the idea and may be planning something.
- (Idea from Sue on Gendergap) A wiki page with a manifesto of some kind, where people could post any events supporting it. For example, "I pledge to teach my sister how to edit Wikipedia on March 8" and "I will persuade at least six of my female colleagues to try editing, by posting to all my academic listservs." Or "The French chapter will hold an edit-a-thon at the public library in Paris, and will specifically aim to recruit women to turn up, every weekend in March." SlimVirgin (talk) 21:33, 11 February 2011 (UTC)
- March 8: Wikipedia is also a Woman (idea from Lantuszka 23:56, 12 February 2011 (UTC), starting from Warsaw, Poland. if you'd start simmilar workshops in other places (as listed below but with no signature, please, list them on our article/info on project, thank u)
- Plans for possible Women's Wiki Workshops in NYC, SF and cities in India
- Women4Wikipedia proposes local networks to support women editing Wikipedia. [] Currently running weekly Twitter chats on the topic 9am UTC/GMT; 8pm AEST at #women4wikipedia or Tweet Chat[] hosted by @collectiveact