Writing weeks aim to attract new users to participate actively in Wikipedia. Successful examples are the writing weeks of Cultural Heritage and Brussels.
From August 22 to September 5, 2016 we organise 2 writing weeks about bullying and harassment. You can join by writing about bullying and harassment. Please add contributions to the list of articles below. (Update: new closing date -- September 12).
Definitions of bullying
Bullying has been defined as “an aggressive, intentional act or behaviour that is carried out by a group or an individual repeatedly and over time against a victim who cannot easily defend him or herself” (Olweus, 1993).
"This definition stresses the intentionality by the author of the aggressions, in order to provoke physical or psychological harm in victims. Moreover, the difference between ordinary disputes among children and acts of bullying consists also of the repetition over time and of the imbalance of power between the bully and the victim, with the affirmation of the supremacy of the bully on the victim (in terms of age, physical strength, etc..)" (Cullingford and Morrison, 1995).
- Greek (el)
Add your name here below if you are participating in the writing weeks about bullying. Please indicate the wiki(s) where you are active.
- Ανώνυμος Βικιπαιδιστής (talk) 05:46, 29 August 2016 (UTC) -- Greek
- Greek Scorpion-- Greek
- FocalPoint-- Greek
- Glorious 93-- Greek
- Ploutarxos Pastras-- Greek
- P.aimel'écriture-- Greek
We would like to keep track of contributions that are done as part of Writing week about bullying, so please add them to the list on this page.
- el:Ημέρα κατά του διαδικτυακού εκφοβισμού
- el:Καταχρηστική εποπτεία
- el:Κουλτούρα του εκφοβισμού
- el:Λεκτική άμυνα
- el:Λεκτική κακοποίηση
- el:Ρητορική μίσους
- el:Σεξουαλικός εκφοβισμός
- el:Τοξικός ηγέτης
- el:Λεκτική επιθετικότητα
- el:Θανατική απειλή
- el:Εκφοβισμός στον τομέα της τεχνολογίας πληροφοριών και επικοινωνίας
- el:Τοξικό περιβάλλον εργασίας
- el:Ημέρα κατά της Σχολικής Βίας και του Εκφοβισμού (6 Μαρτίου)
- el:Πολιτικές στον χώρο εργασίας
- el:Ψυχολογική χειραγώγηση
- el:Εκφοβισμός ομοφυλοφίλων
- el:Κουλτούρα του φόβου
- el:Εμπρηστική γλώσσα
- el:Υπόθεση Βαγγέλη Γιακουμάκη
- el:Ψυχολογική κακοποίηση
Strongly improved articles
|The barnstar for anti-bullying campaign is awarded to everyone who participated in the writing weeks.|
- Greek media: Eleftheri Apopsi GALATSIOY, by Ploutarchos Pastras, September 3, 2016
- Greek media: Lifo.gr by Aris Dimokidis, August 27, 2016
- Greek media: General High School Hilionodiou, August 27, 2016
- Greek media: www.alfavita.gr, by Mina Theofilatou, August 25, 2016
- Greek media: Homo Informaticus, by Dimitrius- Adamantios Dritsas, August 22, 2016
Report of the Writing weeks about bullying
During Writing weeks were created 24 new articles and enriched a basic article, creating a new category for bullying and a side interface menu.
Following the efforts of the users who participated in Writing weeks to enrich Wikipedia with articles about bullying, we were invited and presented in the International Conference "Anti-Bullying Practices 2016".
The conference was held within the transnational project «SONET-BULL - Using ICT networking tools with peer learning and crowdsourcing to train school communities to counter student bullying» (http://www.sonetbull.eu/), which took place Tuesday September 20, 2016, in Athens. The Conference was organized by the research group of DAISSy of the Hellenic Open University (daissy.eap.gr), which was the coordinating institution of the project, including representatives of the project partners, but also those interested in using the results.
During the presentation of the members of the Wikipedia Community Schools Association Greece participants, the work of the authors participating: Greek Scorpion, FocalPoint, DADRITS, Ploutarxos Pastras, P.aimel'écriture, Glorious 93 and Ανώνυμος Βικιπαιδιστής, was presented and reference was made to articles created around bullying. There was also a call for experts to proofread and enrich the articles with literature.
Reference was made to the role of Wikipedia as an educational tool and supply of social issues such as bullying.
The presentation can be found is the relevant video provided and in the website of the Hellenic Open University and the official conference page.
- The Press release with the report of the conference
- The Hellenic Open University's website with the report of the conference
- The official webpage of the conference
- The summary of the presentations in the official page of the research group DAISSy
- Report about the conference by the www.livewithoutbullying.com
- Report about the conference by the www.e-abc.eu
- Report about the conference by the patratora.gr
- Our report in the official page of Wikipedia Community Schools Association Greece
- ↑ "Definition of Bullying". http://www.bullyingandcyber.net. Retrieved 20 August 2016.