Amical Wikimedia/October-December 2011
Amical Viquipèdia has used this last quarter of 2011 to take stock of the past year, close the Wiki Loves Monuments contest with an awards ceremony and hold the annual assembly at Citilab. Meanwhile, it has organized relevant events such as the Global Forum on Building Digital Commons and Collaborative Communities or the GLAM-WIKI Girona seminar & workshop.
Wiki Loves Monuments 
- October 1st: Wiki Loves Monuments CAT ends, with a total of 11,086 photographs submitted. The total number submitted throughout Europe was 160,000. See the statistics and the memorandum (in Catalan). Vriullop, Kippelboy, KRLS, Mafoso, Joancreus and many others.
- Andorra: The finalists of the Wiki Loves Monuments Andorra contest are posted on November 3rd and a week later, the winning photograph is made public. In September, Andorra was one of the 18 countries participating in the first European edition of Wiki Loves Monuments. The Andorra contest was organized by the Amical Viquipèdia Association, with the support of the Andorran Wikipedians and the collaboration of the Andorran Ministry of Culture's Cultural Heritage Department. In total, 1,255 photographs were submitted by 27 participants, more than some other participating countries such as Norway or Luxemburg.
- Catalonia and the Pyrenees-Mediterranean Euroregion: The Wiki Loves Monuments Awards Ceremony was held on November 24th in Barcelona, at the Palau Moja palace's former ballroom, the Vigatà Hall (Saló del Vigatà). The awards given were the First Prize for Andorra, as well as the Special Pyrenees-Mediterranean Award, the Catalan Government's Cultural Heritage Award (premi patrimoni.gencat) and the Costa Brava Award. See "Guanyadors de Catalunya" (Catalan Award-Winners).
- Europe: A photograph of the Sant Ferran Castle (Castell de Sant Ferran) took the eleventh prize in the Wiki Loves Monuments Europe 2011 contest. See the winners here. Asarola
Conferences, Forums, Presentations 
- The Global Forum on Building Digital Commons and Collaborative Communities (Fòrum del Procomú Digital i Creació de Comunitats Col·laboratives, http://www.digital-commons.net/) was held at the Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona on October 29th and 30th. This event was organized by the Amical Viquipèdia Association in collaboration with the Institut de Govern i Polítiques Publiques (IGOP), Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB). The Viquifabricació Awards for Manufacturing Engineering content on the Viquipèdia were also awarded. Lilaroja
- Presentation: “Free Licenses for the Social Return of Artistic Production” ("Llicències lliures per al retorn social de la producció artística", December 1st, at 6:30 pm at the Cercle Artístic de Sant Lluc (Barcelona). Dvdgmz
- October 7th: The jury for the Viquifabricació contest met in Barcelona to decide on the winners of the awards granted by the Sociedad de Ingenieria de Fabricación (Manufacturing Engineering Society - SIF). The jury consisted of 3 members of SIF and 3 Wikipedians who were members of Amical Viquipèdia.
- Meetings with Barcelona's Picasso Museum and the Miquel Crusafont Catalan Institute of Paleontology to launch educational projects. Kippelboy
- The Barcelonese Llotja design school, Escola Superior de Disseny i d'Art "Llotja", and Amical Viquipèdia are undertaking a pioneer collaborative project in which 6 students majoring in Illustration will do their internships at Amical Viquipèdia, creating images that will be added under free licenses to the Wikimedia Commons collection in order to illustrate Wikipedia articles. In November there was a meeting with the Llotja school. For further information, see this note (in Catalan). Dvdgmz
- GLAM-WIKI seminar & workshop at the Girona House of Culture (Casa de Cultura, 10 am - 6 pm), where professionals in the museum and culture sectors of the Girona counties met with members of the Catalan Wikipedia community to find ways of collaborating. The event opened with a welcoming speech by the Mayor of Girona, Carles Puigdemont. Two presentations by Wikipedians Arnaugir and Kippelboy preceded the round table, "Free knowledge, intellectual property on Internet and dissemination of culture". In the afternoon, there was a hands-on Introduction to Wikipedia Editing workshop, in which Davidpar also participated. See also: further information, the photo gallery, the first presentation and the second presentation.
- Agreement with the Víctor Balaguer Museum-Library (Biblioteca Museu Víctor Balaguer) to cede images of paintings and texts. Thanks to this agreement, photographs of some fifty paintings from the second half of the 19th century have been shared on Wikipedia by the Víctor Balaguer Museum. See the note (in Catalan) Kippelboy
- Meeting with the Textile Museum of Terrassa. Kippelboy and Barcelona
- Meeting with the Fundació Joan Miró (Barcelona Miró Museum) to plan projects for 2012. Kippelboy
Relations with Government Agencies and NGOs 
- Meeting with the Sant Boi de Llobregat City Council on December 12th to discuss possible collaboration projects. Kippelboy
- Meeting with Plataforma per la Llengua language association on December 13th to explore possibilities for collaboration. Gomà
Editing Workshops 
- Talks / Workshops at Neighborhood Elderly Centers run by the Government of Catalonia (the Generalitat). Some fourteen workshops have been held in different parts of Catalonia over the past three months. The Centers were selected by the General Directorate of Civic and Community Action of the Generalitat's Department of Social Welfare according to their interest in new technologies. Participating in the talks were 7 editors of the Wikipedia in Catalan (Viquipèdia), all of them active members of the Amical Viquipèdia association: Pallares, Kippelboy, Pastilletes, Castor, Dvdgmz, Gomà and Barcelona.
- October 17th & 19th: Editing Workshop for Philology Students at the University of Barcelona. Gomà
- October 27th: Editing Workshop at the Escola Tècnica Superior d'Enginyeria Industrial de Barcelona, as part of the Viquifabricació (Engineering Manufacturing Content) Wikiproject. Gomà
- November 9th: Editing Workshop at the Museu del Ferrocarril de Catalunya (Catalonia Railway Museum). See the note and a video. Kippelboy
- November 10th. Editing Workshop at the Polytechnic University of Catalonia as part of the Viquifabricació (Engineering Manufacturing Content) project. Gomà
- In the media:
- Wiki Loves Monuments: El Mundo, Espai Internet, El Periòdic d'Andorra (1), El Periòdic d'Andorra (2), El Periòdic d'Andorra (3), Penedèsdiari.com, forum.ad
- Sundry: El Punt (on the GLAM-WIKI event in Girona), Somdigitals.cat (on GLAM-WIKI), Somdigitals.cat (on the Editing Workshops at Neighborhood Elderly Centers), Paella de Bits.cat (on GLAM-WIKI)
- Annual Assembly, held on December 18th at Citilab. At the assembly, topics discussed were the Association's immediate future, aspects such as the coordination of tasks, considering Wikipedians are so geographically dispersed, next year's action strategy and starting debate on the Association's next steps. Among other things, the assembly agreed to make the Association's accounts public. Here are the links to the 2009 and 2010 approved annual accounts and the provisional 2011 accounts.
- Participation in the 2011 Science Week (Setmana de la Ciència 2011, November 18 - 27) with a Wikiproject for creating and expanding articles relating to this sphere of knowledge. Arnaugir
- La Caixa's Obra Social (CSR /social work department), as part of its Recercaixa program, has granted € 39,292.83 for the project: The Use of Open Content on Internet in University Education: An Empirical Study on the Perceptions, Attitudes and Practices of University Faculty Members with Respect to the Wikipedia. The project is being led by Eduard Aibar Puentes, of the Open University of Catalonia (UOC). This idea for this project began at the 10th Anniversary research meeting. Amical Viquipèdia participated in developing the project and will enjoy the results. This projects opens a line of collaboration with universities, where the Viquipèdia suggests and discusses research needs with universities.
- Participation of Kippelboy in a seminar on museums and the world of 2.0 at the University of Perpignan Via Domitia on December 15th & 16th.
- La taverna de la Viquipèdia (the Catalan Wikipedia's Village Pump) decides how to allocate the € 600 of the LletrA Award that Amical Viquipèdia won for its promotion of Catalan literature on the Wikipedia in Catalan. 200 euros will be invested in Wikisource (Viquitexts) and 400 to the Viquiescoles (Wikischools) project.
- Susagna Argemí published an article (“Wikipedia: A Learning Environment” - in Catalan) on her experience with the Viquiescoles (Wikischools) project.