||This proposal has been approved.
The Board of Trustees and language committee have deemed that there is sufficient grounds and community to create the new language project.
A committee member provided the following comment:
waiting for creation -- bug 35290
01:30, 18 March 2012 (UTC) - now created, sl:v:
09:48, 28 March 2012 (UTC)
You need to specify the parameter "category" for Wikisources and Wikiversities.
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
||Example / Explanation
||sl (SIL, Ethnologue)
||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...
||Language name in English
||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...
||MZaplotnik (N), Miran Hladnik (N), Eleassar (N)
You can optionally list your user name if you're a contributor to the wiki. Add "N" next to your name if you are a native speaker of this language.
||"Wikiversity" in your language
||usually the same as the project name
|Project talk namespace
||Pogovor o Wikiverzi
||"Wikiversity talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)
||Files should be uploaded to Commons, but if you want, you can enable local file uploading.
Notes: (1) files on Commons can be used on all wikis; (2) this setting can be changed afterwards; (3) uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info
); (4) localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons
||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)
|Default project timezone
||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)
||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"
||Anything else that should be set
|submit bug request (includes everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings)
- Support We've incubated a project on Wikiversity Beta around 2008/09 with several student projects on two faculties at University of Ljubljana. Project is getting bigger and bigger ever since. There are close to 600 pages of student work in slovene language category of Wikiversity Beta. An unique Slovene Wikiversity would mean a great step in Slovene e-education because students need to practice wiki-editing before they are ready to create ther own Wikipedia articles. The Slovene Wikipedia is a very active wikipedia. With more than 130,000 articles is very large. — MZaplotnik (contribs) 10:20, 19 January 2012 (UTC)
- It would ease our endeavour to introduce Wikiversity as a preparatory for Wikipedia very much, if we have Wikiversity localized. --Hladnikm (talk) 09:59, 19 February 2012 (UTC)
- The project would contribute a lot to the growth and development of the Slovenian WikiCommunity in the academic and educational sphere. ---Eleassar my talk 10:22, 16 March 2012 (UTC)