Foundation wiki feedback
- 1 Regarding Wikipedia Zero and Mobile partnerships... I made a map :-)
- 2 Regarding Deductibility of donations
- 3 Regarding Template:Contribute
- 4 Error in David villa's goals at barcelona
- 5 Simplify the sidebar
- 6 Regarding Feedback privacy statement
- 7 Wikibook section in Our projects
- 8 Our projects site
- 9 a way to improve language preferences~
- 10 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 11 Regarding Template:Contribute
- 12 wikimediafoundation.org
- 13 tech blog comments missing
- 14 Duplicates in wmf:Stories2/en
- 15 Regarding FAQ/en
- 16 Regarding Home
- 17 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 18 wikimediafoundation.org
- 19 Regarding wmf:Resolution:Images_of_identifiable_people
- 20 wikimediafoundation.org
- 21 Regarding Template:Contribute
- 22 Regarding FAQ/es
- 23 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 24 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 25 Regarding a WP article
- 26 wikimediafoundation.org
- 27 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org and the search term "blog"
- 28 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 29 wikimediafoundation.org
- 30 Regarding Thank You/no
- 31 Regarding Non discrimination policy
- 32 Regarding Feedback privacy statement
- 33 Regarding Special:UserLogin
- 34 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 35 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 36 wikimediafoundation.org
- 37 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 38 We can't donate in China!
- 40 Regarding Talk:FAQ/en
- 41 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 42 File:S-3A VS-29 with Tupolev Tu-95 1979
- 43 Regarding Onze projecten
- 44 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 46 Regarding Template:Contribute
- 47 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org failing acceses
- 48 wikimediafoundation.org -Tip off? LIABILITY DAMAGE CONCERNS About Erroneous ARTICLE REFERENCES RE:
- 49 Regarding Wikipedia Zero
- 50 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 51 Regarding Matching Gifts
- 52 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 53 Regarding Matching Gifts
- 54 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 55 Regarding alteration and visual identity guidelines
- 57 Regarding Template:Contribute
- 58 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 59 Regarding Special:UserLogin
- 60 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 61 wikimediafoundation.org
- 62 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 63 Regarding Template:Contribute; Transaction Fees
- 64 Regarding Wikimania
- 65 Regarding Wikimania
- 66 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 67 Regarding Ways to Give
- 68 Regarding Ways to Give
- 69 Regarding Tax Deductibility/en
- 70 Regarding Ads on wikipedia
- 71 Regarding Ways to Give
- 72 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 73 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 74 Humanae Vitae References
- 75 wikimediafoundation.org
- 76 Regarding Special:UserLogin/signup
- 77 Regarding Tax Deductibility/en
- 78 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 79 Regarding Template:Contribute
Regarding Wikipedia Zero and Mobile partnerships... I made a map :-)
I made a map of where Wikipedia Zero is active seperated into those countries where it's available for all languages and those where it's only available in some languages. I thought it might be usefull. --U5K0 (talk) 09:36, 8 July 2013 (UTC)
- Added to both. I would appreciate it if someone on the Zero team could check it, or move the images to a better location. PiRSquared17 (talk) 19:22, 8 July 2013 (UTC)
- I like it a lot. One suggestion -- rather than color coding for all languages vs some, I think it's more useful to code the countries by version of Wikipedia Zero. This is the core distinction between partners in fact. There are two variants, partners that offer 1) M or M&Z, or 2) Just Z. For reference, M=m.wikipedia (full mobile version), Z=zero.wikipedia (text-only version). Akapoor (WMF) (talk) 15:09, 8 August 2013 (UTC)
Regarding Deductibility of donations
Under Dutch tax law donations are also deductible.
To see the foundation's registration, search on: http://www.belastingdienst.nl/rekenhulpen/giften/anbi_zoeken/ Or a direct link to the search result (unfortunately without a proper domain name, so it looks a bit shady): http://188.8.131.52/anbi_zoeken_lwcm/search.php?q=wikimedia
If desired, I could write a short Dutch text describing the situation for people wanting to donate in the Netherlands.
- I think a Dutch passage would fit into that page more than an English one, as all the others are written in the country's main language. But can anyone else check this? PiRSquared17 (talk) 19:16, 8 July 2013 (UTC)
- Hi, we actually already had some info on the situation in the Netherlands at wmf:Tax Deductibility/nl. I've added that to the wmf:Deductibility of donations page as well. Peter Coombe (WMF) (talk) 16:05, 11 July 2013 (UTC)
- Please see this explanation for why the Wikimedia Foundation does not (currently) accept bitcoin donations. Sorry for the inconvenience. PiRSquared17 (talk) 19:43, 11 July 2013 (UTC)
Error in David villa's goals at barcelona
Spanish footballer David Villa's page list that he scored 33 goals in 77 appereances but he had scored 48 goals in 119 appereances. according to many sites like goal.com- http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2013/07/09/4103913/striking-the-balance-what-next-for-barcelona-after-david?ICID=PP_1713
In this link they have listed a table accounting his goals and appereances. Kindly please edit that as i am a fan of him.
- Are you talking about Wikipedia? I don't think the website has soccer-related information on it.--Jasper Deng (talk) 19:42, 11 July 2013 (UTC)
- If you have a Wikipedia account with at least 10 edits that is at least 4 days old, you can just edit the article. Otherwise, clicking that link will bring you to a page explaining how to submit an edit request. See also: Foundation wiki feedback/Wikipedia Article PiRSquared17 (talk) 19:47, 11 July 2013 (UTC)
- Can you be more specific about what you find lacking? The organization seems fairly logical to me, for example. --MZMcBride (talk) 06:41, 18 July 2013 (UTC)
Regarding Feedback privacy statement
My name is Cori Salmon and I would like my content removed from this blog. I apologize that my obsveration was incorrect in this statement. Thank you.
Wikibook section in Our projects
In some translation pages the logo of this project is too big (probably the size parameter is missing). Pages:
Our projects site
In some translation pages, the logo of Wikimedia family tree is in older version (picture); some of them (Français, Italiano & Nederlands) has new version (picture) and some has no at all. Can this be unified?
- I agree, but I don't understand why we have two separate versions in the first place, so I asked on Commons. Do people still want the old non-Wikivoyage, non-Wikidata one? Of course, it will need to be updated after a new Wikivoyage logo is chosen. Anyway, I'll do this for the "Our projects" pages. Thank you for reporting this. PiRSquared17 (talk) 12:00, 18 July 2013 (UTC)
a way to improve language preferences~
Hi thanks for your help on creating this awesome website!!! I love you guys.
I have one idea that will surely help certain people reading the webpages.
As you know I am a Chinese reader and for different Chinese people from different places we have different format of characters; I notice there are usually four ways of displaying the same website for the convenience of different Chinese people and we can choose the most convenient format we like, which is good. The only problem is that every time I click a link within the articles that leads me to a new page I will have to re-select the format of characters again. Since I read wikipedia pages A LOT, this selection process wastes quite some time of mine. My suggestion is that maybe wikipedia can remember my choice of language preferences and stay like that for my reading; in that case I will not have to spend as much time selecting languages as I do now.
Thanks again, god bless you, and I will keep donating money to make you better! : )
- Hello! Thank you for your support of Wikimedia's mission. :-) I think I have a solution to your zh.wikipedia.org (Chinese WIkipedia) problem, but I'll also ask a native Chinese volunteer: if you zh:Special:CreateAccount, then you can set your preferred variant (zh-TW, zh-HK, etc.) in your preferences page. There may be a way to do this without creating an account as well, but I couldn't find it. (Disclaimer: I don't represent the Wikimedia Foundation in any way. I am a volunteer contributor.) Cheers, PiRSquared17 (talk) 01:27, 20 July 2013 (UTC)
Hello I find wikipedia very useful indeed, I'd like it to keep going. However, donating to keep it alive for everyone (including non-donors) does not seem fair. I would gladly donate money in exchange for a special privilege (wikipedia related) different from that of non-donors. it could be the simplest thing, but it would make a difference. Sincerely Omar Jimenez. architect_okhotmail.com
- What do you consider as a special privilege? Do you want the WMF to restrict some special content and make it visible to donors only? That wouldn't be donations then, anymore … Vogone talk 15:40, 26 July 2013 (UTC)
So, you are the #4 website, and you don't even accept bitcoin as a donation option?!
- I am a volunteer and do not represent the Wikimedia Foundation in any way, but I suggest you read this explanation for why the Wikimedia Foundation does not (currently) accept bitcoin donations. Sorry for the inconvenience. PiRSquared17 (talk) 01:20, 20 July 2013 (UTC)
با سلام. بنده سید حسین حسینی عسگرانی ساکن شهرستان نجف آباد از استان اصفهان هستم بر اساس نیازم چند سالی سایتی بنام hosseiniasgaranigmail.com داشتم .تا مدتی پیش بر حسب اتفاق و اشتباها به جای بروز رسانی سایت آنرا حذف نمودم که هر چه تلاش کردم نتوانستم آنرا باز گردانی کنم . لذا از شما دوستان گرامی که همیشه پشتوانه بنده بوده اید استدعا دارم بار دیگر این سایت را برای من باز گشائی نمائید. چشم به راه این زحمت شما هستم .hosseiniasgarani .tank you
tech blog comments missing
Comments not visible on the tech blog post!
http://blog.wikimedia.org/2013/07/25/edit-wikipedia-on-the-go/#comments --Arjunaraoc (talk) 04:21, 26 July 2013 (UTC)
Duplicates in wmf:Stories2/en
Passages listed below appear twice in wmf:Stories2/en. Is it intentional? Otherwise you might want to remove one for each.
- Wikipedia is the first place I go when I have to find information for research or ...
- Wikipedia is the best example of a realizable ideal. I have always looked for ideas that ...
- Wikipedia has become my primary source of information across all forms. Coming from a small city ...
- When I first saw Jimmy Wales appeal for donations I thought, certainly he must have enough ...
- Reader, Writer, and Believer. The collection of all knowledge is a goal which I hope we ...
- My story I think is like one of millions. I use Wikipedia every day several times ...
- My profession demands cross-disciplinary research on global issues of climate destabilization, ...
- I'm a research psychologist and I do a lot of work with statistics. There is no ...
- I'm a High School History Teacher, and I love using Wikipedia as a tool, not only ...
- I was brought up in a generation that preceded satellite television and internet in India. The ...
- I love technology. I create technology, consume technology, analyze technology, ...
- I have two children on the autism spectrum. I quickly realized the medical community does not ...
- I had just started nursing school and we were being told that the licensing board was ...
- I don't have a single story about Wikipedia or anything that stands out but Wikipedia has ...
- I am huge advocate of knowledge sharing and it’s potential. Wikipedia is the best tool for ...
- I am an online teacher live in Indonesia, I have more than 10000 students. Everyday I ...
- I am a self-taught graphic artist and web designer. When I started down this road, the ...
- I am a public reference librarian at a busy regional library system. I am frequently asked ...
- I always use Wikipedia for work in developing policy recomendations and ...
- From an early age, I've had a desire to learn about everything. And, when I say ...
- At Portland State University's Intensive English program, I teach ...
- As a tool, Wikipedia is irreplaceable. Either for work or just for reading and learning, it's ...
- As a student, Wikipedia is the best source of information for me and the rest of ...
- As a first-year PhD student in musicology at UC Berkeley, I was surprised to discover that ...
- As a family physician I see a broad range of problems in my practice. While I ...
- As a Library Science graduate student, I did my Thesis on Wikipedia, arguing that resistance to ...
- About 10 yrs back, one of my friends used to ridicule me comparing with other friends ...
i will promise to donate on the 4th of this month, i lost all my id and credit information so its been a long week. i didn't know you took donations i'm so sorry i will make it up to you . Justin
- Thank you very much for being willing to donate, Justin. And if you have already donated, you might like to read about where your money goes. Regards, AGK [•] 22:59, 21 August 2013 (UTC)
Who is (wmf) since 2001 experiments till you feel like have been used on me. I know I was not advised the camera 9999Plus who very clearly are holding classes since 2001 and there ethics are do not woory about ethics not really stealing. Funny not one photo of my childhood or gifts from instance my friend Lenny Kravitz all dated and named. Before this rediculous no law for your side. I have explained 100 times. I am a disabled c to D if you respect nothing then my Dr. will intervene. For I must have tech assis and I have homecare and guardian. I am very Ill they will confirm BIPOLAR WISE WORSE NOW. IF THIS GOVERNMENT OF THE United states I demand to be contacted the same way President request my assist. for latin vote. my system bot Found hg donation of my photos from Cuba. Now Conduct This and have said many times something wrong. University Fedora equipment MS just installed as I am nothing. I cant run this stuff. then e book copy enough so you or whom is not copywrite liable. The partner commericial.
I would never do anything for most of those companies they do nothing to assist community or improve world. This distruction software. Now to be owned in servitude I know you could care less. I do and am not prompt standton. I am not responsible for any of these cites after 2001 .
Today i will talk to one of my news associates that Cnn interview by that hypocrite Eric from was mostly a lie. I will and you will release for all this is done in firgery. You do not do this Austrailia UK who wvwer. Turns out that the new google motorola project is exactly what has been illigally forced on me. funny. IRONIC ALL OF YOU. I HAVE WHAT IS CLEAN HANDS YOU CANT TOUCH ME. HUFFINGTON POST WOULD RELEASE OF COMMON LICENSE AS THAT MY HOME. THIS IS CLOSE TO INHUMAIN. I demand my notebook insides return code code and patents google has. And my life back. leonor Arango today 08-3-13
- This appears to be unrelated to the foundation wiki. The foundation cannot do anything about your situation, I'm afraid.--Jasper Deng (talk) 22:38, 3 August 2013 (UTC)
Your information and reading are the best. You have provided more information than any encyclopedia I have ever read. My favorite part of looking up information through your method Wikipedia is if I am not clear about anything there is that blue line to help me search more and more and more... I love Wikipedia for this and many other things that you all provide. In any group discussion when any of us have a question someone always states "Wikipedia it," and you will find it.
- Thank you very much. We are so pleased that you have found the Wikimedia projects useful. AGK [•] 23:00, 21 August 2013 (UTC)
It's a shame that the wikimediafoundation.org website is completely closed access, and I would say, contrary to the spirit of the movement, and open discussion.
It would be easy enough to protect pages where required.
- I would agree, but it's a site we don't want spam or vandalism on, period.--Jasper Deng (talk) 03:25, 19 August 2013 (UTC)
I'd like to know what the WMF thought a 'public place' and a 'private place' were when this resolution was adopted. There are some very counterintuitive definitions being floated around. --Elvey (talk) 21:08, 10 August 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you for your comments. However, I regret that the team that responds to feedback on this page has no control or influence over the content of Wikimedia Foundation board resolutions. Regards, AGK [•] 22:58, 21 August 2013 (UTC)
As an anonymous, I would like you to know that your lack of good unbiased sense in historicity unables me to make a donation to your organization. I am deeply disappointed with the following articles:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Roman_Empire Lack of respect towards comtemporary terminology.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fyrom Lack of respect towards United Nations terminology.
- Please note that this page is only for discussing wikimediafoundation.org, the official Wikimedia Foundation website. For feedback about specific articles on the English Wikipedia, use the talk page of the corresponding article, or use the article feedback tool which is available at the bottom of the article. Direct links: Byzantine Empire & Republic of Macedonia --Glaisher [talk] 12:02, 11 August 2013 (UTC)
Why there is no Bitcoin donation option in place like Wikipedia?
- I am a volunteer and do not represent the Wikimedia Foundation in any way, but I suggest you read this explanation for why the Wikimedia Foundation does not (currently) accept bitcoin donations. Sorry for the inconvenience. PiRSquared17 (talk) 17:18, 11 August 2013 (UTC)
- You are entirely correct. I have fixed it. Thank you. Killiondude (talk) 23:08, 16 August 2013 (UTC)
I am niklas ruhmann (takashi yokoyama and Les Elgart) to send to day(2 seotembe lundi 2013) instead of a10000 yen for wikimedia.org.address which is washington D.C. post office. Youre good acctivity on every day dictionary content are very usefull of my lifes. I am onestly thankfull of Wikipedia organization. Please to cotinu be every year with dictionaring with non advertizing.
with full respect i bow my head to this great WIKIMEDIA sir i am struggling lot to uplift this poor rajak community in this prosess iam linked with you people i am so lucky i feel.in this community list we collected enough vip peoples name . my kind request to you people is that still so many peoples name are not mentioned in those list e.g the great singer LATHA MANGESKAR and our CAPTAIN M.S. DHONI and R.D .AJEKAR of bombay etc .etc thank you yours mr.shankar
- Wikipedia is a collaborative encyclopedia (as explained at w:Wikipedia:Introduction), and so anyone may edit its articles. Please feel welcome to improve the article yourself, if you think it necessary. Thank you for your comments! AGK [•] 14:47, 19 September 2013 (UTC)
Regarding a WP article
Candace Stewart is NOT a Speech Language Pathologist nor is she a Speech Therapist! She HAS TO HAVE A MASTER'S Degree to be that! She MIGHT be a Speech Therapy Assistant...which you can do at the Bachelor level! PLEASE correct your information! Contact ASHA, American Speech Language Hearing Association for what qualifies as a Speech Therapist! Thank you! —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) 02:45, 9 September 2013.
- Hi! Please note that this page is only for discussing https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/, the official Wikimedia Foundation website, not Wikipedia. For discussing a specific article on Wikipedia please use the article's corresponding talk page. --Glaisher [talk] 12:34, 12 September 2013 (UTC)
thank you for keeping wikipedia ad free
Regarding wikimediafoundation.org and the search term "blog"
When someone types in "blog" it should redirect to the blog, but it doesn't. Thanks. en:User:Biosthmors
- @Biosthmors I think it is okay to create a soft redirect at that page. As for editing the WMF wiki, you will have to request an account first. Foundation wiki accounts can be requested at RFACC. --Glaisher [talk] 12:15, 12 September 2013 (UTC)
ẎẟYes 15 seconds I have to give a wiki answer and he was. P.S. Why do I need anything to change when I see that it is all as it should be!)ẤẟẎẞ... oi ogromnoe spasibz, DoVers. Ero как раз так не хватало, Но теперь надо бы вам кое что сказать)
I could not find, specifically, where to put our comments so found this.
not collect information when we use Wikipedia/Wikimedia sites - to protect us.
not retain my data from using Wiki sites - to protect us.
would like to type a word in another language and get translation and would like to type a word in English and get word for it in another language.
- Note: I have repaired the layout of the original post. AGK [•] 14:46, 19 September 2013 (UTC)
Regarding Thank You/no
This page (the Norwegian thank you for donating page) should have the word "om" instead of "dersom".
Regarding Non discrimination policy
I think it would be really nice if the foundation would add Gender Identity and Gender Expression to the list so that transgendered people are included in this clause.
- In practice, I think they are already included (orientation/gender), but the WMF might want to add this to clarify. I don't feel like I should do this without board/staff approval, so I'll let one of them reply. PiRSquared17 (talk) 02:56, 25 September 2013 (UTC)
- This is a general gross misunderstanding, and the lack of Gender Identity and Gender Expression has resulted in legal discrimination (not at WP, but elsewhere) despite discrimination of Gender being prohibited.
Regarding Feedback privacy statement
Is there a simple way to translate automatically the current page i'm in from English to French language ? Merci ♥
wikipedia is the best learning site in world.l likes wikipedia-Ramhari Ghule
Just saying...I wish I was dropped back at the page I was originally looking at when I decided to donate...I mean, thanks for all the great work and stuff, but maybe you could have it route people back to the original page they were on. Thanks :-)
- Thanks for your feedback. Your request was filed in Bug 55354. Regards, Vogone talk 17:57, 5 October 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks for your feedback but could you be a bit more specific, please? Vogone talk 17:27, 5 October 2013 (UTC)
Dear ladies and gentlemen of Wikipedia ,
- You are a gift to this planet although sometime flawed and frail, your mission transcends those human issues. Your email address structure leaves one no a (tell us how much you love us option0. Please do not become Google and Microsoft. Please address this myopic omission if you so choose (i know an Irish gypsy witch you don't want to go there). Aside from not creating a direct line of appreciation you rock.
- Hello! It is great that you appreciate all the work volunteers put into writing a free encyclopedia. Perhaps the best way to help Wikipedia is to start contributing (writing content or just making small fixes) or to donate a small amount. If you have any suggestions for or questions about (the English) Wikipedia, you can propose/ask them on the Village Pump. PiRSquared17 (talk) 23:37, 6 October 2013 (UTC)
log me in
- If you have an account on a Wikimedia project already, you can log in on Special:UserLogin here or on a specific wiki you edit (e.g., en.wikipedia). To get an account on the Foundation wiki, see RFACC, but please note that one must be experienced with other Wikimedia projects before gaining access there. If you have any specific suggestions, I can edit for you. PiRSquared17 (talk) 14:42, 7 October 2013 (UTC)
We can't donate in China!
There is no single Chinese bank in the list and no alipay( a pay tool most Chinese use just like PayPal).So ....sorry.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs) 03:24, 13 October 2013 (UTC).
Timotheus Canens has blocked my id, WRONGSKI and I cannot even talk with him on his page because of the block. I think he blocked me because of a shared group WIKIPEDIA logon. We work on under the same PRESSWIRE. Someone has gone back in and added our copyrighted photo in the last thirty days. I cannot communicate with this Mr. Canens who has blocked my account nor can I get the co0pyrighted photo off the website.
from me to donations even one don't cent in wikipedia
I can not believe you have the nerve to ask for $!!! Your founder sold out the U.S for Millions and put this country MY country in severe jeopardy! He is now hiding like a sneak under the very cover this country provided him through the blood and death that U.S. soldier's and their families have fought and died for centuries. Some nerve, this world would not have the freedoms he uses foe cover if not for the sacrifices the services men and women have made. And if I had known it was a Wikipedia sire I would not have gone on it in the first place. So now you have MY 2 CENTS WORTH!!! BLESSING, may Jesus Christ bless you
- I think you are confusing Wikimedia with Wikileaks. There is no connection between Wikimedia and Wikileaks. QuiteUnusual (talk) 18:59, 28 October 2013 (UTC)
File:S-3A VS-29 with Tupolev Tu-95 1979
The information provided for this picture is incorrect. This picture was taken during the Kitty Hawk cruise in 1981.
The VS-29 S-3A pictured is being flown by LCDR A. MCMAHON. During the previous cycle, I was flying the S-3A that identified the TU-95 inbound to the USS Kitty Hawk battle group. The COTAC with me on this flight was LT Kenny Edwards.
With the limited ESM equipment on board the S-3A, LT Edwards was able to detect and discriminate the electromagnetic data specific to the TU-95. The astonishing fact is that he did so before the EA-6B airborne during that cycle. It was the following cycle when LCDR MCMAHON took advantage of the photo shoot, which rendered this picture.
One of the F-14s took advantage of the photo shoot, as well. There were two squadrons on board the Kitty Hawk: VF-11 and VF-51. I can't remember the pilot's name. Unknown to just about every person on board the ship, this F-14 pilot spoke fluent Russian. He initiated a conversation with the Russian crew, which precipitated a thorough debrief upon his return to the ship.
Last, one of the Russian crew members had fun showing Playboy center folds to the various crew members taking advantage of the photo op. It was at that point and time I realized Russian aircrews were no different then us.
CDR William Fann Ret.
Regarding Onze projecten
- @Southparkfan: If you translate the text on wmf:Our projects, I'll add it. PiRSquared17 (talk) 23:41, 2 November 2013 (UTC)
- Echo doesn't show a notification if you ping me.. But however, here is the translation. (Logo should also be added!)
- Wikivoyage heeft als doel om 's werelds grootste, vrije, complete en up-to-date wereldwijde reisgids te zijn. Wikivoyage was gelanceerd ::in januari 2013 and is geschreven door vrijwilligers in dezelfde geest van het delen van kennis dat reizen zo leukt maakt. Het project ::begon in december 2006 als een Duitstalige site genaamd Wikitravel, en voegde zich bij de Wikimedia Foundation project familie als een ::bèta-project met 50.000 artikelen in zeven talen. Wikivoyage is nu beschikbaar in negen talen. Southparkfan 01:09, 3 November 2013 (UTC)
Why isn't Jim Jarvis under notable people at Roseburg,Oregon and at Corballis,Oregon??????
- This is the wrong place to discuss content issues. Please ask your question again on the corresponding article talk pages (en:Talk:Roseburg, Oregon and en:Talk:Corvallis, Oregon). Thank you. Vogone talk 23:20, 3 November 2013 (UTC)
Dear Sirs: You need to contact the current NV Assembly in Carson, NV. I am the current Governor of NV; HRH QUEEN and Admiral from the Pentagon that has taken over NV since 2008. I am HRH Mary Jane Strickland; it is on my passport and D/L from NV, USA since I bought a new d/l in 2010. The nature of the changes are because of land mass sinking on the eastern sea board and now western sea board; and the surrender of President Obama to an oriental nation that doesn't have the power to take over what I own and control per the Articles of Confederation back in 1770s and earlier.
I am trying to get any info off your site about Sandovals; they were taken to court 2012 again about the issues: Brian Sandoval never ran for Governor in NV. You can't put him as that office or title. Second Martin Sandoval whom did run; went to IL and became a Senator. I was pulled up when there was a death of Judge Stringfield whom became an assumed Governor for a short time instead of Brian or Martin Sandoval. I came back to the State of NV and was living and working here in Elko, NV in 2009 from OR and trying to get regular employment to get money coming in to eat and sleep somewhere. While I had a small income from other areas. I was trying to locate missing grandchildren, and seeing if my daughter was alive anywhere in USA. I have Governor # of 48204 you can check with law enforcement also please. I hate all the false info that is out about whom is in charge of State and Senator jobs. And whom is allowed to work in them; only Americans.
Hi, I'm a long time user of Wikimedia, and I think it is a great tool. It has helped me many times, so thanks.
However, I was very surprised to find a subject, "roman numerals", that was not covered. I have forgotten the letter for 500. I believe that it may be "d". So I came here for a quick reminder and to my surprise, I found nothing!
Maybe we need a page for roman numerals! What they are, when they were used, how they were used, the limitations, and how they were replaced with a better system.
Actually, I was wondering how large a number could be represented with roman numerals. For example, MMMDCCCLXXXVIII Is this 3,888?
MMMIMICIX Is this 3,999? MMMM Is this 4,000? Is there any limit to how many M,s are allowed, or are there more letters that I don't know?
Thank you, Wayne Fuqua DeWire@Juno.Com --18.104.22.168 21:16, 6 November 2013 (UTC)
- Hello! The page you are looking for is on Wikipedia already. 'D' is indeed the symbol for 500. The article discusses large numbers in Roman numerals. You can use a Roman numeral converter to check, for example this page or Wolfram Alpha (which is great for many things). PiRSquared17 (talk) 22:35, 6 November 2013 (UTC)
Regarding wikimediafoundation.org failing acceses
the need is greatly ilited towards the same wound feel down casted by this i would feel sent
wikimediafoundation.org -Tip off? LIABILITY DAMAGE CONCERNS About Erroneous ARTICLE REFERENCES RE:
NOVEMBER 7, 2013
Dear Wikimadia Mgt. Staff and To Whom It Might Concern PER Entertainment INDUSTRY Media Constituency
YOUR WIKIPEDIA.com ARTICLE ABOUT "M. Chamber" Actor At Myspace Michael Chambers Official
(NOTICE erroneous + typo>) Boogaloo Shrimp The Character turbo from 1984's Cult
MGM Metro Goldyn? Meyer Film BRREAKIN. Please Go To // Visit YOUTUBE.Com so that Yourselves Can See The
footage Titled AFRICANO Who Got Dissed In Battle. That's Youtube.Com FREE Moving Picture Footage
Evidencing the Fact The Ine Lawrence Encardone Aesier` valid California Driver License C2757368
could Have an Honest Claim Too The Fact That Although Popular Since MEDIA including The Telvision Show
Soul Train Once when Don Cornelius was The Host on The Show Aired An Episode wuith Blacks Climing Their
Names Were Sinilar and The FRESNO Blacks From New York Those years have Falsified Their of Self
registered Claim. Lawrence Was The Original Los Angeles 3-D Tick Street Dance Boogaloo Shrimp. He Wore A
"Flat-Top" Hair Cut From Time to Time and was a E-Clique Youngster seen at first and Initial of
Predominent Ethnicity "Notice DISENABLING" Animosity Near Venice Beach.. while Street Dancing FENOM...
The Footage Is a Marvel there at Youtube.com and Could Help In Future With Yourselves and Etc.
(PLEASE FORWARD, if So) Limiting Personal Damages and liability should there Ineviably Arise CIVIL
SUPERIOR Jurice LITIGATION... An agreement Between then Rapper Everlast of House of Pain and Michael
Chambers (MACH>) as if in front of The District of Columbia Capitol Building for supposed U.S. $289.00
Happened on CALVERT Street West Hills San Fernando Valley California in Which He M. Chambers Began just
before The BREAKIN Motion Picture Release was in Theatres. a Similar Agreemant Was made With the
Electric Boogaloos Out of FRESNO, California for $1600.00 during that time.
Differently Lawrence is Now a WEBpage Orchestrator Using The Handle and needs Help. The Page is
Known and More or Less Popular. SHRIMP CAMP an Ongoing Business Marketing Viability Research
Study Sporatically since 2009. Jilted perhaps. Thank You This Has been an Effort too limit Liabilty and
Reduce DAMAGE CONCERNS. Best Wishes
- Please note that this is the wrong place to discuss about content on the English language Wikipedia and refer to en:Wikipedia:Contact us - Readers for getting information on how to contact the project's volunteers. Thanks. Vogone talk 17:46, 7 November 2013 (UTC)
Regarding Wikipedia Zero
An operator partner can takes part -> An operator partner can *take* part
I just sent a tiny donation - as much as my budget would allow these days (whew, don't get me started on that) - to help with your fundraising for Wikipedia. I want you to know that, as a rather isolated writer and artist, I use Wikipedia a lot, and its never led me astray. You do good work, and its appreciated. Thank-you. = ) MLRhoadhouse
Regarding Matching Gifts
The link is broken. it seems to work if I remove the port 8080 from the URL
- All links on that page work for me. Might be an issue with your browser, though. Vogone talk 18:17, 17 November 2013 (UTC)
how do i create account
- Hi! See RFACC if you want an account on the Foundation wiki. Or if it is an account on Wikimedia wikis, go to Special:Login/signup. See also w:en:WP:ACCOUNT on the English Wikipedia. --Glaisher [talk] 15:12, 15 November 2013 (UTC)
Regarding Matching Gifts
the link for matching for AOL is incorrect (and also a 404) and doesn't reflect the information from http://ematch.hepdata.com:8080/search/companyprofile/wikimedia/62778/ which is correct. could the link list be generated programmatically (updated through batch or a trigger) to avoid this? and if that is too complicated to solve by now, could it be changed to point to the right url instead (extracted from the hepdata service, but also confirmed to be correct with my employer)
You're awesome !
Regarding alteration and visual identity guidelines
- Does the page say anything about the Commons logo? PiRSquared17 (talk) 03:08, 24 November 2013 (UTC)
gia una volta vi ho mandato e confermato che il piò bresciano misura metri quadri 3255,3938 da gilberti pietro . vedo che c'è ancora molta confusione . da gilberti pietro
I think the work being done by Wiki is heroic.
Therefore - even though the exchange rate made my donation (dollar for dollar) much more expensive for me than appeared on your bank balance I still put myself out there and donated quite a bit more than requested.
It was meant to be a one time donation. And thus far I have donated twice.
My computer has a fixed IP address. So how come Wiki is still asking me to donate? Again. And again?
I have done my bit. Your requests for financial contribution don't acknowledge that someone may have donated previously and now impinge on my sense of fair play.
Why can't i sign.up it won't let me.
- WMF does not allow open editing and self-registering of accounts at wikimediafoundation.org right now. Nevertheless, you can request for an account at the WMF wiki. See RFACC for details. --Glaisher [talk] 14:42, 26 November 2013 (UTC)
I became familiar with Wikipaedia several years ago ......but only as a way to obtain info on a specific subject or to research an item of interest from news of the day in Canada. Now I see it is much more than I thought. The world of instant technological innovation followed by change often initiated by social media discussions, etc. brings much good to the world, in general. However, along with the good stuff I'm learning through the trial/error route many of the pitfalls of such innovative processes. Keeping ahead of the nasty folks who create havoc with systems or those who use their energies for neferious reasons is an ongoing task that challenges ones sanity.
I'm keen to understand and keep up with what's new but for the moment, I've had to take a personal time-out-from-email, facebook, twitter, web sites, and the world of ISPs, browsers, servers, etc. etc. etc. Here I am today, post-time out! It feels like I've just begun again and I don't like what I see. Having been hacked, lost money, etc. my challenge today is to understand Internet security, thus I've found your Zone. I'm of an age where I feel most fortunate to have struggled through the 70's, 80's, 90'3 and now in the second decade of this century. I am able to use e-mail, cell-phones, and learning an Apple Ipad (tough for this soul) while trying to keep afloat of the hardware/software challenges. I'm retired and enjoy an active life style. I personally want to thank you and the Staff of dedicated souls in wikipaedia. Thank you.
I use Wikipedia quite a bit, I believe Wikipedia is about the best use of the internet any one has shown so far. Thank you for being there when we need you!
I get requests for donations from you but a 10 year old website about conservation cannot be found.? An iSafeSite url worth over $22,000.00 url savetheworldfree.ning.com, current number of supporters 540, area of interest, environment, conservation, clean oceans, Honey-Bee colony collapse, and about 20 others.
What Up Wiki?
- I have no idea what this is about. This is for discussion of the Wikimedia Foundation website, not for proposing Wikipedia articles (or for discussing other sites). PiRSquared17 (talk) 02:01, 5 December 2013 (UTC)
Regarding Template:Contribute; Transaction Fees
A breakdown of the transaction fees deducted from the donation amount for each type of payment would be extremely helpful to those of us who have multiple payment options available and who wish to maximize the amount of our donation that will actually reach Wikimedia Foundation. According to Paypal, Amazon and Paypal presently charge the same rates (2.9% + $0.30 per transaction, though Paypal at least reduces this to 2.2% + $0.30 for nonprofits - not sure about Amazon), but I don't know how this stacks up to debit and credit transactions. --22.214.171.124 15:25, 3 December 2013 (UTC)
Less than 30 days left in 2013 so no Wikimania this year?
- Wikimania 2013 happened already. It was in August, in Hong Kong. Wikimania 2014 will be in London. The WMF wiki is hardly ever up-to-date because most of the editors are WMF staff (there are not a lot of staff members.) I will update the page, but I think it should link to the page on Meta (this website), which is much more active. PiRSquared17 (talk) 01:02, 5 December 2013 (UTC)
On page: http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Wikimania no new information since 2012 Wikimania should probably have link to page: http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Wikimania second page seems up to date
good for you in using Amazon to collect donations. Most of the time when I am on Wikipedia I do not have my credit card in my pocket, but want to contribute as I use the site daily. So thank you for making it easy to contribute to you!
Larry Davidson firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com www.eldontheartist.com
Regarding Ways to Give
Hi Guys I genuinely would give a small amount if you would allow donations via Bitcoin regards Ken Bailey firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please see this explanation for why the Wikimedia Foundation does not (currently) accept bitcoin donations. Sorry for the inconvenience. PiRSquared17 (talk) 01:00, 5 December 2013 (UTC)
Regarding Ways to Give
Accepting Bitcoin as a donation would provide the Bitcoin community a great point of reference and would also allow Wikimedia Foundation to generate revenue from a community that understand the advantages of open systems and crowd sourcing. To create your wallet and start collecting Bitcoin donations visit bitcoin.org
- Please see this explanation for why the Wikimedia Foundation does not (currently) accept bitcoin donations. Sorry for the inconvenience. (By the way, I am not employed by the WMF, so I can't answer all questions about donations.) PiRSquared17 (talk) 00:59, 5 December 2013 (UTC)
Regarding Tax Deductibility/en
It should be noted on this page that Gift Aid is indeed applicable to contributions to Wikimedia UK, as correctly specified here:
- Why are there two pages about the same thing? Or is there a nuanced difference between "deductibility of donations" and "tax deductibility"? PiRSquared17 (talk) 21:38, 5 December 2013 (UTC)
Regarding Ads on wikipedia
Stop begging for handouts and put ads on your site. Please consider the following thoughtful and constructive arguments for your solution to the continual prosperity of wikipedia:
1) Intelligent ads are actually a *service* to both viewers and advertisers. When a buyer finds a new product that he/she wanted but didn't know about, everybody wins, and the middleman has provided a legitimate service.
2) By posting this annoying banner on your website, begging for an arbitrary handout in exchange for a service that you already provide to everyone for free, you're actually running a very intrusive and bothersome GIANT ad, which NOBODY is interested in. You're in fact doing the very thing that you are saying you won't do.
3) By not running ads, you also continue to place into jeopardy, all the billions of bytes of priceless information that we have contributed to the global community. That information belongs to everyone, all that you are doing is providing the hosting service. As the host, you are the caretaker of our data. It's your responsibility to ensure the safety of the property that we have entrusted to you. Make the right decision, change your policy to ensure the forever safety of our data.
-Rob Christian email@example.com
- Hello Rob ("rm -rf /etc"). You may be interested in this FAQ question about this.
- A large part of the Wikimedia community (and the WMF) feel that putting ads in an educational website would hurt the integrity of the project. The main arguments against advertising are:
- The readers' (and our editors') privacy (we don't want to give ad agencies our readers' details)
- Neutrality. If there are ads in an article, maybe companies will ask for Wikipedia to write nice biased articles for them. We don't want to make it seem like companies are in charge of the content. The community, and ultimately the WMF and the Board, are in charge of the content. How can we say that spam is not allowed in Wikipedia when there is spam all over every article?
- The community. A large part of our editors might leave over this. Some might fork Wikipedia a la Enciclopedia Libre Universal en Español.
- That said, there are some Wikipedians who agree with you: w:Wikipedia:Funding Wikipedia through advertisements. (I am just a volunteer) PiRSquared17 (talk) 21:17, 4 December 2013 (UTC)
Regarding Ways to Give
I've got some bitcoins and litecoins I would donate, and I think wikipedia accepting these currencies would be mutually beneficially for all communities involved. Not to mention, this would be insanely easy to setup... You guys could have it done by this afternoon. Plus, the cryptocurrency community would lose their sh*t and probably end your fundraiser just to make a point.
but whatever. It's your site... :p
- Please see this explanation for why the Wikimedia Foundation does not (currently) accept bitcoin donations. Sorry for the inconvenience. (Note: I am not employed by the Wikimedia Foundation; I'm a volunteer contributor.) PiRSquared17 (talk) 00:57, 5 December 2013 (UTC)
- I suggest yu use one of the online Bitcoin/Litecoin converters (backed by a common bank) to convert them into common currencies to transfer to the WMF. Legal converters are backed by banks that will want first that you authentify your identity to accept converting these cyptocurrencies into currencies with legal tender (this is a often a legal requirement of these banks).
- Some cytocurrencies don't ask for your identity, but the transactions are at your own risks, and the converting rate may not be advantageous, or they will take excessive amounts of your cryptocoins to process your transaction. These cyptocurrencies are exposed to hihh risks if you want to convert them back to normal currencies. You've been warned !
- And they are extremely risky to invert in as they are highly speculative (much more than any legal tender currency or stock value). You absolutely cannot warranty the value of your wallet including during the time needed to process a conversion transaction (those transactions are really too long for cryptocurrencies when they are really too much volatile). For exampel the Bitcoin value has quadrupled in just two weeks, but it has also known some brutal falls where it lost more than 30% of its value in a similar very short time. Given the time needed to process this type of currency (could be more than one week), this means that transaction processors need to take very high transaction fees to accept your order.
- These cryptocurrencies have absolutely no liquidity, their value is completely artificial (potentially void) until the time you'll have been able to convert them back to standard currencies in regular bank accounts (so you need to find "buyers" for your Bitcoin sale offer and your Bitcoins sell offer may also nver be accepted in the virtual markets).
- You should also know that Bitcoins are currently under attack by "selfish" hackers, but also by a growing set with millions of PC harnessed by malwares, trying to mine enormous quantities of Bitcoins in order to control it and break its security chain. If the security breach succeeds, lots of owners of Bitcoins will have their wallets become completely void, because processors will refuse to make any transactions with some very long chains of transactions. So the value of lots of wallets could become suddenly void, at any time, without any prior notice (and you'll find no one to help you, these wallets currently have absolutely no institution accepting to warranty at least a minimum value in a reasonnable recovery time). Bitcoin wallets are like 1917 Russian stocks, their last owner will loose everything if this sudden fall ever happens.
- It's certainly the main reason why the WMF cannot accept them: you have to endorse the financial risk yourself by converting them first to your own regular bank account (and pay the excessive fees!). verdy_p (talk) 19:50, 6 December 2013 (UTC)
You sir (Verdy p) are very miss informed, "We can exchange Bitcoins into your local currency at any time – with zero exchange rate risk. You never need to hold bitcoin (unless you want to) and payouts are delivered in two business days to your bank account." Pulled 12/9/13
You should accept bitcoin for donations. It's so much easier for some people.
- Please see this explanation for why the Wikimedia Foundation does not (currently) accept bitcoin donations. Sorry for the inconvenience. (Note: I'm not employed by the WMF, I'm just a volunteer contributor.) PiRSquared17 (talk) 00:56, 5 December 2013 (UTC)
The most attractive thing about Wikipedia is that there is no commercial advertising. As small subscription for use might augment your income from trusts . However I do wince when I see all that gobbledegook in the three lines at the bottom of this page. Is that really necessary ?
- Hi. What three lines are you talking about? Please be specific, and feel free to copy/paste if it would make it clearer. PiRSquared17 (talk) 15:45, 5 December 2013 (UTC)
Humanae Vitae References
I was Religion Editor at the Voice of America when humanae Vitae was published. I was fortunate to interview a group of dissident priests in the Washington D. C. area who were quite articulate and forthcoming. I don't remember their names but,it might be worth contacting them for their viewpoint and insight. Phyllida Porter.
Personally, I would rather have advertisers pop-ups than begging pop-ups.
- It could be a user preference for notifications. For now only the top banner style is supported, opening popup windows notifications are not supported.
- Popup windows cause evident troubles on smartphones, or frequently cause windows stacking for long behind the browser window, using precious memory, they also require more clicks to close each one, and are harassing users that want to use other applications in background than just their browser with an easy switch from the browser to the other, or from one tab to another on an unrelated site).
- In-document notifications are easier to manage by users, and you can define preferences if you don't want to see most of them, they don't require more clics to close them, and they are much less restricted.
- An expected coming change will avoid sending you the same global notification message across multiple Wikimedia sites you may visit when you are connected with your unified "single-user-login" (SUL) login. verdy_p (talk) 19:39, 6 December 2013 (UTC)
<-- off-topic content added at 17:37, 6 December 2013 (UTC) by Ahmadnoormuhammad removed -->
- Note: Please check the translation. If this is a spam, delete this section. Sorry for restoring it. verdy_p (talk) 19:31, 6 December 2013 (UTC)
- It's about some legal or governmental problems in Indonesia. I asked a native Indonesian speaker to reply. Not sure if it relates to Wikimedia at all. PiRSquared17 (talk) 19:35, 6 December 2013 (UTC)
- Well, I'm an Indonesian. What I can tell you is this text is a spam: the writer did not talk about Wikimedia at all. It is a totally rubbish plea to defend a popular politician who was arrested for corruption allegation. Delete it. SpartacksCompatriot (talk) 15:09, 8 December 2013 (UTC)
- It's about some legal or governmental problems in Indonesia. I asked a native Indonesian speaker to reply. Not sure if it relates to Wikimedia at all. PiRSquared17 (talk) 19:35, 6 December 2013 (UTC)
Regarding Tax Deductibility/en
Why dont you point at the Wikimedia UK website here which gets gift aid from donations?
You just missed 25% more from me by not doing so.
I believe that donations to Wikipedia are tax deductible in the USA. It would be nice to be able to claim my donations on my Canadian tax return. Check out My Canada Helps URL: http://www.canadahelps.org/
Your message : Please enter your email address. There is no space to enter my email address