Association of Wikipedians Who Dislike Making Broad Judgments About the Worthiness of a General Category of Article, and Who Are in Favor of the Deletion of Some Particularly Bad Articles, but That Doesn't Mean They Are Deletionists
I, Shii, hereby establish the Association of Wikipedians Who Dislike Making Broad Judgments About the Worthiness of a General Category of Article, and Who Are In Favor of the Deletion of Some Particularly Bad Articles, but That Doesn't Mean They Are Deletionists (AWWDMBJAWGCAWAIFDSPBATDMTAD).
The motto of the AWWDMBJAWGCAWAIFDSPBATDMTAD is Est omnino difficile iudicare inclusionis meritum cuiusdam rei in encyclopædia cum ratio sciendi quid populi referat incerta sit, sed nihilominus aliquid encyclopædiam dedecet, which translates to, "it is generally difficult to judge the worthiness of a particular topic for inclusion in an encyclopedia considering that there is no certain way to know what interests people, but some topics nevertheless are not fit for an encyclopedia." This motto reflects the desire of these Wikipedians to be reluctant, but not entirely unwilling, to remove articles from Wikipedia.
IT IS MY FIRM BELIEF THAT IT IS A MISTAKE TO HOLD FIRM BELIEFS.
The current General Secretary is Everyone. All members are the Secretary, so nominations are unnecessary. Matters that concern the AWWDMBJAWGCAWAIFDSPBATDMTAD as a group necessitate a vote.
I have always felt that these should be everyone's common goals:
- Judge not, lest ye be judged.
- Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
- Love thy neighbour as thyself.
(These are all covered by one common goal: the golden rule)
Keeping up to date with the latest news in the Wikipolitical world, I have discovered the existence of w:Template:Inclusionist. I would not want our movement to be left out of this new and exciting realm of template-making, so therefore I have created w:Template:AWWDMBJAWGCAWAIFDSPBATDMTAD. I encourage, but do not command, our members to use this interesting-looking template on their user pages. Good day! Ashibaka 19:21, 5 September 2005 (UTC)
Now with the whole userbox movement underway, I couldn't bear to leave AWWDMBJAWGCAWAIFDSPBATDMTAD without a userbox, so I made w:Template:User AWWDMBJAWGCAWAIFDSPBATDMTAD! Ccool2ax 14:46, 15 October 2006 (UTC)
- in German: here (VvWuWduUüdeWgTkgjdLbsAuodDzs)
- In Polish here (as pl:Wikipedysta:Holek/AWWDMBJAWGCAWAIFDSPBATDMTD). Hołek ҉ 15:10, 24 June 2006 (UTC)
- in Spanish: here (w:es:Usuario:Dolichocephalus/AWWDMBJAWGCAWAIFDSPBATDMTAD) --w:User:Dolichocephalus 16:46, 28 Jun 2006 (UTC)
- in Czech: here (w:cs:Šablona:AWWDMBJAWGCAWAIFDSPBATDMTAD)
- in Catalan: w:ca:Plantilla:AWWDMBJAWGCAWAIFDSPBATDMTAD --Albertsab@cawiki 10:58, 18 December 2006 (UTC)
- In Dutch BWMBBWACAHGSBSAWHGIVZ Klaas|Z4␟V: 18:59, 1 November 2011 (UTC) BWMBBWACAHGSBSAWHGIVZ
- in Indo-European: Article was deleted.
- in Slovak: here (w:sk:Šablóna:AWWDMBJAWGCAWAIFDSPBATDMTAD)
Our full member list is available here as it is too long for our main page.
DISCUSSION OVER!!! DON'T EDIT IT ANY MORE Shii 00:50, 8 January 2011 (UTC)
- I vote to reelect Everyone general secretary. Shii 07:18, 26 November 2010 (UTC)
- After seeing the flawless logic on the talk page, I withdraw from the race, and vote to reelect Everyone as general secretary. Hi878 20:37, 26 November 2010 (UTC)
- I hereby nominate Time magazine's person of the year for 2006 as general secretary. elektrikSHOOS 06:15, 7 January 2011 (UTC)
- An election for General Secretary was closed on 8 January 2011. The result was Everyone shall remain Secretary. This position will last until Everyone wants to give it up.
- Magadan was appointed the Official Guy Who Translates Things into German (Germanes Awendende). This position will last forever probably.
- Bzweebl is the official Treasurer after editing this page to say so on 13 August 2012. This position will last for 5 years. As the Treasurer, Bzweebl is responsible for keeping track of our ¤0.
Inspiration, reading and study about different positions
How could we now about what might be Broad Judgments About the Worthiness of anything without some deeper thoughts :) and without knowing of arguments of deletionists and inclusionists? Lets bring here all the relevant literature and debate links.