This page is a descriptive article on the French Wikipedia, feel free to add any comment.
Areas of strength :
- Number of articles
- Quality of articles on particular topics (Ancient Greece)
Areas of weakness :
- General quality of articles
- Strength of community (few real-life meetings)
- Contributors origin : very few contributors from French-speaking countries outside France/Quebec/Switzerland/Belgium (very few Africans except a few Tunisians).
What other prominent encyclopedias exist in this language (print, electronic, online)?
- (Français) Encarta
- (Français) Encyclopædia Britannica
- (Français) Encyclopædia Universalis
- (Français) Encyclopédie Hachette Multimédia
Prominent milestones/events 
What has its impact been?
What language features are challenging?
- Diacritics usage in text
- Punctuation usage in wikilinks
- French quotes for citations
- Applying rules to document titles (write Le Petit Prince, not Le petit prince for instance)
What would surprise the outside reader about the community?
What are some unique practices/characteristics?
Who were the earliest participants, who started it?
Other prominent Wikipedians?
- Anthere, President of the Wikimedia Foundation
Using alt-shift-x (to display a random page) 30 times I got:
- 09 articles with decent content. [30%]
- 12 stub or stub-alike article (3 lines on average).
- 06 bot generated articles (towns). [20%]
- 03 list pages. [10%]