Help talk:Interwiki linking/Archive/2005
- Other links like wikibooks:wikibooks:Manual of Style are:
- There are hundereds of pages you can find:
- This page has the best explanation but it's still confusing! Basically...
- Set $wgInterwikiMagic = true in LocalSettings.php
- Add new row for each language you need in interwiki db table.
- E.g. to allow interwiki links to a french wiki, you need to add:
Question: Is it possible to have interlanguage links linked to one wiki and handle it, e.g. with namespaces, in same configuration and same mysqlDB ? Or do i need to setup and install multiple wikis ? I like to have de.mydomain.com and en.mydomain.com.
Setting up family of projects with Commons
It's not yet clear how to set up a family of language wikis with a commons wiki for images.
I have 2 wikis with prefixes en: and pt: and "magic" interlanguage links work fine. I want users to be able to put [[Image:myimage.png]] in the source of either and get an embedded image from a third local wiki (commons:). Clicking on this embedded image should link through to a local Image page, itself carrying links to the commons Image page (i.e. working exactly as Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons work together.)
To try this I uploaded an Image on the en: wiki, and set up the pt: wiki to use Shared Uploads as follows:
$wgUseSharedUploads = true; $wgSharedUploadPath = "http://www.mydomain.com/wiki/en/images"; $wgSharedUploadDirectory = "/home/user/mydomain/www/wiki/en/images";
But putting [[Image:myimage.png]] on a pt: page still doesn't find it. What am I doing wrong?
- It is possible to insert interwiki links from Commons to Wikipedias in various languages. However interwiki links from Wikipedias to Commons are "inline". Rregards Gangleri | Th | T 20:26, 2005 Apr 21 (UTC)
- Yes, that is in the page:
- The interlanguage link feature works on Commons, and produces links to the Wikipedias. This is not reciprocal: a link from a Wikipedia to Commons is an in-page link.
- --Patrick 22:44, 21 Apr 2005 (UTC)
Can someone fix problem whit interwiki of this Wikipedia? Serbo-Croatian is Srpskohrvatski on Latin or Српскохрватски on Cyrillic. I suppose that name Srpskohrvatski/Српскохрватски is to long. Can you put Srpskoхрватски or Српскоhrvatski? Thank you. --Pokrajac 23:00, 24 Jun 2005 (UTC)
i am trying to link to a english article in urdu wikipedia. i even copied the syntax ,but still that didnt worked en:Esperanto
with braces , its working here but not at ur.wikipedia.org whats the possibel cause???