Image filter referendum/Vote interface/yi
This is the vote interface text that is specific to this referendum. Please translate everything except for the content in the headers (== ==).
וויקימעדיע רעפֿערנדום 2011
מען וועט אויספירן די וואַלן אויף סערווירערס אפערירט דורך SPI. קליקט דאס קנעפל אונטן צו ווערן אריבערגעפֿירט צום שטימען סערווירער.
The following is the text of the referendum ballot:
דער קוראטאריום האט געהייסן די וויקימעדיע פונדאציע צו אנטוויקלען און דורכפירן א פערזענלעכע בילד פארבארגן אייגנקייט.
Its purpose is to enable readers to easily hide images on the Wikimedia projects that they do not wish to view, either when first viewing the image or ahead of time through individual preference settings. The feature is intended to benefit readers by offering them more choice, and to that end it will be made as user-friendly and simple as possible. We will also make it as easy as possible for editors to support.
The feature will be developed for, and implemented upon, all projects. It will aim to be culturally neutral and inclusive. It will not permanently remove any images: it will only hide them from view on request.
For its development, we have created a number of guiding principles, but trade-offs will need to be made throughout the development process. In order to aid the developers in making those trade-offs, we are asking you to help us assess the importance of each.
On a scale of 0 to 10, if 0 is strongly opposed, 5 is neutral and 10 is strongly in favor, please give your view of the following:
- It is important for the Wikimedia projects to offer this feature to readers.
- It is important that the feature be usable by both logged-in and logged-out readers.
- It is important that hiding be reversible: readers should be supported if they decide to change their minds.
- It is important that individuals be able to report or flag images that they see as controversial, that have not yet been categorized as such.
- It is important that the feature allow readers to quickly and easily choose which types of images they want to hide (e.g., 5-10 categories), so that people could choose for example to hide sexual imagery but not violent imagery.
- It is important that the feature be culturally neutral: as much as possible, it should aim to reflect a global or multi-cultural view of what imagery is potentially controversial.
You may also select "?" if you feel that you do not have enough information to answer.
If you would like to leave a comment, you can write as much as 250 words in the space below. You can write in any language you choose, but we would appreciate an English translation of your comment in the second box if possible. If you are unable to translate it, do not worry. We'll still have it translated and read it. All comments will be closely read and passed along.