This page coordinates the efforts for mirroring Wikimedia project XML dumps around the globe, on independent servers, similar to the GNU/Linux .isos mirror sites. See the list of mirrors below for the dumps.
- Last 5 good dumps (most desired option): 8.1 TB for 5 most recent dumps, as of Dec 2012.
- Last 2 good dumps: 2.5 TB, as of Jan 2012.
- Only most recent good dumps : 1.3 TB, as of Jan 2012.
- Historical archives (2 dumps per year from 2002 through 2010): 1.6T now (Jan 2012), missing some data, expect 3-4T total.
- All dumps currently hosted: about 27TB and growing, as of Jan 2012.
- Expect slow growth; the number of dumps we keep will not grow substiantially but the number and size of projects will increase steadily.
- We are not very interested in selectively mirroring some projects or dumps.
- "Other" (pageview and other statistics): 2.3T, as of Jan 2012, allow growth to 4-5T.
Wikimedia provides about 20 MB/s via dataset2.wikimedia.org (stats) for XML dumps, as of January 2011.
Current Mirrors 
Media tarballs 
- For an unofficial listing of torrents, see data dump torrents.
Pageview stats, MediaWiki tarballs, other files 
||MediaWiki releases, pageview and other stats, historical XML archive, mwdumper
Who can we contact for hosting a mirror of the XML dumps? 
If you are a hosting organization and want to volunteer, please send email to ariel -at- wikimedia.org with XML dumps mirror somewhere in the subject line.
If you are brainstorming organizations that might be interested, see discussion page.
See also 
External links